SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Reman .223
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reman .223 Login/Join 
posted
LGS just put out plastic ammo cans of 500 .223 made with "new brass" for $266.00.
Made in Montana.
1 per customer.

PC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PCWyoming,

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I bought anything (load my own now) but that seems high to me but due to the lack of information of what the components are - it is hard to say.

Posts: 22844 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
If it is "new brass" then how can it be remanufactured? What part was previously used?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
If it is "new brass" then how can it be remanufactured? What part was previously used?

Good question.
When the next order comes in I will look at the label for additional details.

PC

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Powder maybe?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I've bought a bunch of pulled .30 cal bullets. Not all that many working parts in ammo. Just the primer, case, powder and bullet. I wouldn't trust primers if "reused". Canister powders are dumped together out of cases. They mix them and then test. Not all that much different from new.

When they "demill" ammo, they just pull the bullets and dump the primers. I've never heard of punching out the primers, but maybe its possible. Bullets and powder are probably sold by the train car load.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post