SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    British police ammo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British police ammo? Login/Join 
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted
I'm wondering what round the Brit police are using in their 9mm firearms.

I've seen pics linked to an article that look convincingly like an HST, but no real info..other than 'murderdeathkill' bleatings from the press.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 617 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gruntjim:
I'm wondering what round the Brit police are using in their 9mm firearms.

I've seen pics linked to an article that look convincingly like an HST, but no real info..other than 'murderdeathkill' bleatings from the press.

Which British police force do you mean? There's not one "Brit police"

I saw an article from 2011 that stated that jacketed hollow point ammo (brand/type not specified) would be standard issue starting that year for the Met Police.

https://www.channel4.com/news/...issue-for-met-police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...litan_Police_Service

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what they're using right now but there used to be a lot of imported 9mm 95JSP made by the Royal Ordnance factory at Radway Green (RORG) and some boxes were marked BAE. Federal Cartridge also made 95JSP ammo for BAE using RORG's own bullets with skives on the jacket (not Federal's own JSP style bullet).

Whatever ammo they're using now is probably a RUAG product as I've never seen any 9mm made here in the US destined for the UK.

Posts: 259 | Registered: December 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post