SIGforum
TulAmmo & WIN at Wal Mart

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410601935/m/3470009414

November 29, 2016, 06:37 PM
MEshooter
TulAmmo & WIN at Wal Mart
Have bought several boxes of TulAmmo 9mm steel case 115gr. W/ tax box of 50 comes to .20 per round . Also chronographed them at 1301 FPS. Box of 150 rnds WIN USA Forged steel case 9mm 115gr FMJ are also .20 per round chrono at 1249 FPS.All cycle well in my Gen2 MPX carbine Cool
December 17, 2016, 07:22 PM
walker77
I would never run that junk through my MPX.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/...-fmj-ammo-magtech-9a

.19 for BRASS
December 27, 2016, 08:01 AM
Ronin101
http://www.sgammo.com/product/...mmo-made-tula-russia

with shipping this comes out to 17 cent per round.

but you can get brass cased for 20 cents.
January 31, 2017, 08:18 PM
SigActual
I run everything thru my MPX, alum case, steel case, brass, and +P otherwise... what good is it? Happy to say it eats it all Cool

Stay in the Fight!
May 18, 2017, 07:01 PM
triaxle
I also run about any and all ammo , I never seem to have any problems with my Sig Beretta Smith non of them .
June 08, 2017, 07:49 AM
Kskelton
I've always shot brass through my guns only because everyone says steel sucks and the price difference between steel and brass doesn't make a lot of sense to test to waters with steel. This might be a noob question but what's the actual problem with steel cased ammo? I can't imagine these large companies making something that's detrimental to firearms

www.OneStopFirearms.com
June 08, 2017, 08:02 PM
walker77
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
This might be a noob question but what's the actual problem with steel cased ammo?

Bi-metal bullets = accelerated wear on your barrel.

And the steel cases will tear up the feed ramps. Ive seen it on several guns.
June 11, 2017, 01:21 PM
sousana
Flea Markets and Estate sales is my usual go to places for ammo.

Just Friday on the way home from answering a call in Williamsburg, I'm a travelling RN, I came across an Estate sale. What I found was a veritable treasure trove of junk:

1. Peaches, Cantalopes, Onions, Potatoes
2. Toby Jugs
3. Old oil cans
4. 6k rounds of cases S&B 9mm 115gr FMJ ammo

The lady wanted 3 bucks a box which was kind of on the light side, so I offered her $5 a box and went home with all 6k rounds cased, all her toby jugs, oil cans and fruits and veggies. The holsters I left behind as they were falling apart.

I will use aluminum cased ammo, but the only STEEL cased ammo I'll ever use will be in an AK. At my local Walmart they sell 9mm Federal brass case 9.97/box as well as Tula at 7.97/box. The money I save on Tula most likely will be used to repair damages to weapons that use steel.

My Tisas 1911 test bed I've already experienced 3 broken extractors while testing Tula 45.

לפעמים אדם עונה גורלו על הכביש הוא לקח כדי למנוע אותו
June 12, 2017, 10:18 PM
houdini26
never run steel threw my guns
June 17, 2017, 11:46 AM
hotpig
I would not own a gun that I was afraid of shooting the steel case ammo in.

On the other hand if it was just based on just not wanting to shoot it that's ok.
July 25, 2017, 04:34 AM
Hansgruber
The steel in ammo cases is MILD which is much softer than the tempered steel used in gun chambers. Thus, when the two "meet" the mild steel case will "wear" and not the chamber.

The nonsense about laquer coatings is also immaterial. In real life, the ammount of time a cartridge spends in the chamber before firing from a hot barrel isn't enough to matter to laquer. Combloc guns have been shooting laquer coated, steel cased ammo for nearly a century, so the "evidence" is clear for anyone bothering to pay attention.

I've shot and do shoot, brass and laquer coated steel through my AR's, often times from the same magazine....and I've NEVER had a feed nor extraction problem. In fact, I have a 5.45x39 "upper" that has ONLY fired laquer coated steel cases for over 5,000 rounds now and the chamber is as bright as the day it was new! It has also NEVER had a stoppage of any kind.

I routinely reload steel cased, boxer primed pistol cases and they work just fine...over and over.

Whereas brass work HARDENS, steel work SOFTENS. This means a fired brass case has gotten a bit harder, while the fired steel case has gotten a bit softer...even so the STEEL case is stronger.

BTW, one does not "need" to have a laquer coating...it's there to protect the steel during years of storage, but is not needed for functional reliability, so for anyone "afeared" of laquer, it can be abraded off and the bare steel case will still function just fine.

I'm thankful for all those who swear they'll never "shoot steel" in THEIR gun...because it probably keeps the price down for those of use who shoot it all the time.