SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    do bricks come in other calibers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do bricks come in other calibers? Login/Join 
posted
I sold bricks of .22 LR ammo on a regular basis during a brief stint at a gun store.

Do bricks come in other calibers?

Do people buy bricks of .38 special or .223 ?

and what is a brick?

is that a weight or a round count ? or a sealed package of some kind?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have only heard the term applied to 22 rimfire, perhaps because the size and shape are close to a conventional brick.

ETA: A brick is 500 rounds of 22 rimfire (10 boxes of 50) in a single box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryBF,

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I sold bricks of .22 LR ammo on a regular basis during a brief stint at a gun store.
what is a brick?

I like pie

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not exactly.

Sometimes they'll offer other calibers in a 200ish round "bulk pack" of loose rounds, which is roughly equivalent in size/shape to a .22 brick.

And occasionally you'll see larger cases of loose rounds, with 500 or 1000 rounds loose in one box.

Otherwise, calibers other than .22 are usually packed in boxes (usually 20, 50 or 100 rounds), which are then further packaged together with other boxes into cases of 200, 500, or 1000 rounds.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in years past i remember sing arms core bricks of 22 magnum. 1/2 cases of 500 rounds of 9mm,38spl,380acp

40, 45 typically are 500 per case.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah I sold all kinds of calibers in the cases also,

but it just seems curious that the term "brick" was only used w/ ..22 caliber

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post