SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Rimfire availability: .17 HMR vs. .22 Mag

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rimfire availability: .17 HMR vs. .22 Mag Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
For several years, it seems the .17HMR has been way more available than .22 Magnum.

Why is this?

Posts: 8037 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard - I am going to provide two thoughts from this simple minded guy

1> The Kel Tec PMR 30 pistol, the Ruger 22 WMR revolver, and Swamp Alligator Hunter are three reasons that the 22 WMR is more popular today than it was in years past....

2> The 17 HRM is a case that requires more production effort because of the case being necked down and many view the 17 HMR to be a weaker, smaller brother to the 22 WMR round.....

Again - just my 2 cents worth.....Mark

Posts: 1993 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Compare the total number of firearms made for each cartridge.

"Unfortunately, the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket."

Posts: 19294 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^^ +1

The Kel-TEC PMR 30 (and the Grendel predecessor) are popular handguns for the .22 Mag.

The Volquartsen Cheetah in .17 HMR is just a bit harder to find...

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2024 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post