SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    What was the price of 12ga 00 two years ago?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the price of 12ga 00 two years ago? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
This isn’t something I ever bought much of, ever. I ran across some in 2 local stores and really do not see myself buying any now. $2 or more per shell.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
IIRC, around 75¢/round

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2.75" 00 was easily found for under $5 per 5-round box.

I still find it for that on occasion.

I picked up some 3" Federal Classic 00 for $8.54 per 5-round box last month.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
The only way I would pay that price is if I really, really needed it, and it was Federal FliteControl.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Academy is selling Winchester & Remington 2 3/4" 12ga 00 Buckshot for $6.99 per 5rd box, so I wouldn't expect to find it for any less than that.

I concur that two years ago, going rate was 75c-$1 per shell.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Academy is selling Winchester & Remington 2 3/4" 12ga 00 Buckshot for $6.99 per 5rd box, so I wouldn't expect to find it for any less than that.

That depends on your location. All the Academy up here in McKinney has had for a while is steel shot (unless you are waiting in line early on the morning ammo is delivered).

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PHC
posted Hide Post
If anyone in the western Pa area needs some I would be more than happy to let a bunch go for 1.00 per round

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHC,

Retired PHC USN

Posts: 33 | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I remember when I got some nice 12ga home defense 00 shells, saying to myself, "Hey, that buck shot is a buck a shot!"

This was more than two years ago, and in a time of market normalcy.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHC:
If anyone in western Pa area needs some would be more than happy to let a bunch go for 1.00 per round

My BIL just bought 200 rounds from me gladly for a $1 a round.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:

My BIL just bought 200 rounds from me gladly for a $1 a round.

My first thought was "stuck it to him good", then "you did him a favor even selling it". Since no one has it for sale, lets go with the second one.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Not from two years ago, but I just found a box of 25 shells of Remington Law Enforcement low recoil 00 buck I bought for $13.95 some years ago.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for years Walmart sold 15 round Winchester 'value packs' for ~$12.

that was my price frame of reference for name brand quality 12 ga 00 buckshot ammunition

-------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I wish I could remember what I paid for mine, but it was at least ten years ago. Vances Shooters Supply had Federal Flitecontrol on sale, so I ordered a bunch and said I would pick it up in the store in Columbus, OH on my way from FL to MI. When I got to the store, the guy I talked said, “So you are the guy that ordered all that” and I said “Yep”. They needed two hand trucks to bring it all out. It was a really good deal though.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Hell yeah! Big Grin
Bought cheap; stacked deep. Cool

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

If you keep an eye on Federal’s website, I’ve seen their Power Shok buckshot going for around that price, I think 4 Buck was $8.99. I remember buying a couple cases of Remington Express 00 Buck for $65 after a rebate a couple years ago. I think the higher end stuff has always been between .75 and $1.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
I just got some Nobel Sport for $1 per round. Not a bad price for great 12ga I've used in the past.
https://www.recoilgunworks.com...-buckshot-case-39957

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Can't recall just how long ago, but 5 shells for $4.15

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
The last time I bought 00 buck was about 4 years ago. I bought a 250 rd case of Rio for $125.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember purchasing a 25-round box of Federal 2-3/4" 00-buckshot for ~$6.00 in 1973. I also purchased a brand new 3-bedroom house with attached garage for $17,700 that same year. In 1974 I caught a year end close-out sale at the Ford dealership, new 1/2 ton pick-up, base model with 6-cylinder and 3-speed manual, for $2495.

Law enforcement price on my new S&W Model 19 revolver for duty use was $120 delivered to the police department, and the police supply company allowed me to pay it off at $10 per month. Good thing, too, because my salary was $657 per month.

I was casting my own bullets using salvaged wheel weights and loading .38 Special and 9X19 for about 70 cents per box (sure beat paying $6.00 per box for factory ammo). .22LR ammo was 69 cents per box, or $5.50 per brick.

Inflation has been a constant factor. Market fluctuations, political tensions, and panic buying have added some little wrinkles.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post