SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    What's everyone using for .380 defense ammo?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's everyone using for .380 defense ammo? Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
What's in your .380?

Speer Gold Dots.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy, just the Sig 100 grain flat nose rounds. They're reliable and I'm doubtful that a hollow point will expand out of a two inch barrel.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Gold Dots.

I shot a box of the HST and it was honestly one of the least pleasant shooting experiences of my life. Out of my G42, it hurt to shoot. No idea why, because the G42 is an extremely pleasant, low recoiling gun to shoot with everything else, including Gold Dots.

So from Lucky Gunner's testing, Gold Dots generally meet the bare minimums, so I go with that.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
My G42 380 & S&WM&P BG 380 likes Hornady Critical Defense ammo.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post