SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    P365 Carry Ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Carry Ammo Login/Join 
posted
I am pocket carrying my P365, with Federal HST, 147+P grain ammo and wanted to lighten it up, so I bought a box of Liberty Civil Defense ammo, to see how it would do for function and accuracy. It's expensive at about $1.20 a round, so I only did a five shot group at 7 yards. Not only did all 5 feed and fire just fine, but shot into a group, not much bigger than an inch. They use a very high speed, 50 grain +P bullet, that has all good reviews and does very well in gelatin tests. The gun is also over 3 ounces lighter, than with 13 rounds of 147 grain ammo. This will probably be my new carry ammo.

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Five shots was enough to validate it as your new carry ammunition?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'd stick with HST's if it were me. Check out the tests performed in the link on the Liberty 50g stuff. Not a very good round for penetration.
https://www.luckygunner.com/la...mmo-ballistic-tests/

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I'll run a couple of boxes through it, before I pass final judgement, but it'll probably bankrupt me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I'd stick with HST's if it were me. Check out the tests performed in the link on the Liberty 50g stuff. Not a very good round for penetration.
https://www.luckygunner.com/la...mmo-ballistic-tests/

WOW! Not good. Might have to re-think this whole thing.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I use HST 147gr standard pressure in mine. I know it's reliable. Not sure why anyone would want to use +p in such a little pistol. No sense it adding additional pressures/wear to it. Yes I know SIG says it's rated for +p.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barnes 115gr +P TAC-XPD is what my wife and I carry in both of our P365’s and I am a HST guy in my home defense pistols.....

Why - Cycles perfectly (140 rds total through our two P365’s) as well as over 500 additional rds total of WWB FMJ and HST’s. Our P365’s like the Barnes round and the recoil is actually a little less than the 124gr +P HST and about the same as the 147gr HST standard velocity....

Also - As others have stated above check out the Luckygunner link for more details related to the Barnes round as well as the HST rounds....The Barnes just works well for us in this pistol...

If you decide to go with HST ammo check out the prices at Bone Frog Gun Club. They have some of the best prices on HST on the internet...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Personally, I would not trust a carry ammo after firing only 5 rounds.

I've settled on the Hornady 115gr XTP for carry in my P365. I shot about 10 types of hollow points for groups, settled on the XTP, then fired 250 of them over 3 range trips with zero issues.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4519 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
While not lighter, the 150gr HSTs specifically for the micro pistols look like the best way to go, ( for performance. )

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I run 124gr HST's in my carry. I won't trust it until I put a couple hundred problem free rounds through. Preferably 400-500 with a new pistol. That after putting some FMJ through first.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I settled on HST 124 grain std pressure a while back. It feeds and cycles reliably in every gun I own, regardless of make, model or barrel length.

Goes in my 365, Shield, Nano or 938. My goto in my 320c, MP 9, MP M2.0 Compact and all them others.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
I settled on HST 124 grain std pressure a while back. It feeds and cycles reliably in every gun I own, regardless of make, model or barrel length.

Goes in my 365, Shield, Nano or 938. My goto in my 320c, MP 9, MP M2.0 Compact and all them others.

As did I & have never "looked back".

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would rather carry 1 less round of HST to keep the weight the same rather than trust my life on Liberty 50 grain bullets.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agksimon:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I'll run a couple of boxes through it, before I pass final judgement, but it'll probably bankrupt me.

If that's going to bankrupt you, hand over your wallet and avoid having to shoot some schlub.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post