SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Herter's brass and Geco ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Herter's brass and Geco ammo Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
I did a small sample evaluation (a box apiece) of "Herter's" branded brass case and Geco, both in .380 from a Ruger LCP. No problems. The Herter's is sold at Cabela's and is made in Czech Republic by Sellier & Bellot, the Geco I got from a local sporting goods/gun shop and is Italian. The Italians seem to like to load .380 hot; like the "Perfecta" brand elsewhere on this page, the Geco had noticeably more recoil than average.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have used a lot of Geco in 9mm and .45ACP, never had an issue with any of it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I found the Herters to be dirty

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geco 115 does not run in my mpx. Fails to eject.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Geco 9mm brass has given me problems in reloading. It seems to be short/.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Herters/S&B .380 is one of my favorite .380 loads. I purposely seek out S&B .380 when I'm looking for a .380 FMJ load.

When loaded as S&B they seal the primer. In the Herters loads I have seen, they dont use primer sealant. The S&B loads are hot, function 100%, and with sealed primers, consider them to be good to go for defensive use.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
S&B has always worked ok for me to re-load though sometimes it is necessary to swage the primer pocket before re-loading... that of course is a one time thing, once swaged you don't have to do it a second time...

I use a Dillon press for most of my loading, so I keep my RCBS press set up with a RCBS swaging set in it... makes the swaging quite fast.

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I shot a case of Geco .380 through a Ruger LCP and a S&W Bodyguard without any problems. I need to order more of it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not .380, but I've shot most of 4 cases I bought without a hiccup. Probably have 300-400 rounds left, so after 3,500+ rounds I can say the 9mm is GTG. Didn't notice it being any snappier than the Blazer Brass or Federal I normally buy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
what happened to " Buy American "? If you want to save money then take up reloading your own!

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
When I bought the case of Geco, American manufactured .380 was impossible to find. And you need empty brass to reload anything.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chansen92:
what happened to " Buy American "? If you want to save money then take up reloading your own!

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post