SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Do you shoot "bulk" or "remanufactured" ammunition?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you shoot "bulk" or "remanufactured" ammunition? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Who do you buy from?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LAX Ammunition for the more expensive calibers has been fine. (44 special and 44mag). I wait for sales and free shipping.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I read an article recently that made a distinction between "reloaded" and "remanufactured" ammunition. Admittedly it categorized "reloaded" in terms of lower bulk and perhaps not as high quality of preparation.

I used to buy from Georgia Arms and had not problems with their "Canned Heat".

I'm not sure this is an industry distinction.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
When I buy "bulk" ammo, I get it from the cheapest source I can get. The ammo must be reliable (Federal Blazer, WW white box, etc.). I reload, so when I need replenishment brass, I buy bulk!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I have shot remanufactured from Georgia Arms without any issues - 9mm and 45ACP.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Federal AE 124 grain 9mm.
Winchester 62 Grain Open tip 556.

Sgammo isusually a good place to start.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
I have shot remanufactured from Georgia Arms without any issues - 9mm and 45ACP.

Same here. Plus a crap-ton of .357 SIG.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot Georgia Arms until they raised their prices, and stopped attending my local gunshow. I now buy from North Georgia Reloading, who always bring a crap-ton of ammo to the Orlando show, and have pretty good pricing. For stuff that they don't carry, I either buy factory ammo online, or purchase from Space Coast Bullets, who also has a lines of new, and factory reloaded ammo.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
"bulk" or "remanufactured"

Those aren't necessarily synonymous. You can buy new ammo in bulk, i.e., a case (or more) at a time. As for the specific question of "remanufactured" ammo, IMO this is a euphemism for "reloaded," and besides not liking my intelligence insulted, I prefer to shoot new. If you shop around, the cost saving isn't that great.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
i buy bulk remanufactured. probably somewhere around 50K rounds now over the years. Always geogia arms

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
"bulk" or "remanufactured"

Those aren't necessarily synonymous. You can buy new ammo in bulk, i.e., a case (or more) at a time. As for the specific question of "remanufactured" ammo, IMO this is a euphemism for "reloaded," and besides not liking my intelligence insulted, I prefer to shoot new. If you shop around, the cost saving isn't that great.

+1 At the current prices it doesnt make sense to save 10 bucks per thousand (if that!)

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I would suggest only buying from someone who has a license to produce reloaded ammo. These small setup at the gun shows are gone tomorrow if you have an issue with an overcharged load. Georgia Arms, LAX, Miwall are some of larger manufacturers. I would compare any reloaded ammunition prices with SGAmmo's list factory ammunition. You might find prices are better on new ammunition than reloaded.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig-nature
posted Hide Post
Remanufactued I have found to be good (mostly 357Sig ):

LAX Ammunition
Defender Ammunition
Wisconsin Cartridge Corp
Parabellum Research
Fenix Ammunition
Detroit Bullet Works

It is only through labor and prayerful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things in life… Speak softly but carry a big stick.."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 586 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:

This is the only dealer i used before I started reloading.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Years ago I shot some remanufactured ammo from Blue Star in Arkansas, but they stopped loading the .308 I was buying. My reloaded handgun ammo I get from a local manufacturer, Dallas Reloading.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Roze Distribution makes excellent remanufactured match grade ammo and has a brass exchange program. You don't get your brass back, but you do escape the excise tax on commercial manufacured ammo.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
No. Either factory fresh with new brass or my handloads.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much only handload. It's the only way to get the load I want, tailored for what I want.

Plus it saves a lot of money.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
For many years my agency’s training ammunition was mostly “remanufactured” produced by Precision Delta. I also used it myself on occasion. The loads were on the low-powered side, but out of the many thousands of rounds I saw fired, I recall one squib, and otherwise it was fine.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no and possibly heck no on re manufactured. I always use 'bulk' ammo because buying in large lots is your price advantage, but its still factory loaded new ammo.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post