SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Do you shoot "bulk" or "remanufactured" ammunition?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you shoot "bulk" or "remanufactured" ammunition? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Precision delta. I've shot many, many of their 147 grain reman.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37076 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
From 2000-2006? We used Ultramax reman in several calibers with no issues.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chino101
posted Hide Post
I typically buy from SGammo.com and mostly shoot steel cased ammo.

Posts: 510 | Location: Maryland | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot a LOT of Georgia Arms stuff, but no more: their prices have gone up to the point that they are no longer competitive.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30534 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I used to shoot a LOT of Georgia Arms stuff, but no more: their prices have gone up to the point that they are no longer competitive.

Me too. Plus I had a GA squib in .38 snub.

Just about as cheap for new ammo from Palmetto Arms or SGAmmo.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Bulk ammo for me is 1000 round cases of the cheapest retail ammo. Lately I have been buying a lot of Sellier & Beloit.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I buy factory ammo in bulk quantities, but I don't buy remanufactured ammo any more.

I did back in the "bad old days" of 2008ish, when remanufactured 9mm and .223 was the only stuff I could find at a reasonable price, and my ammo stockpile wasn't nearly as deep as it should have been, having been spoiled by being able to walk into Walmart and buy several 100 WWB packs for a few bucks apiece whenever I wanted up until that point.

IIRC it was Freedom Munitions?

Nowadays, I have plenty of quality factory ammo to shoot, and make sure to have enough socked away to keep me shooting through the next ammo drought without resorting to remanufactured ammo.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to buy and used a lot of remanufactured ammo from Freedom Munitions in Idaho. Never 1 problem. 9mm, 380acp,45 ACP,10mm... Only used for target ammo.
That was back when ammo was scarce. (and now it is scarce again but I am well stocked). Now I only buy new ammo as the price differential became insignificant. I always bought in bulk either way. A case of reman or new is still bulk.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LAX and Georgia Arms have been great to me. Buy bulk target ammo from them all the time. Mostly 9mm, 45acp and .40 -- try to have an ammo can at least half full of loose ammo of each.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post