SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Do you shoot "bulk" or "remanufactured" ammunition?

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you shoot "bulk" or "remanufactured" ammunition? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Who do you buy from?

Posts: 17134 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LAX Ammunition for the more expensive calibers has been fine. (44 special and 44mag). I wait for sales and free shipping.

Posts: 5829 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I read an article recently that made a distinction between "reloaded" and "remanufactured" ammunition. Admittedly it categorized "reloaded" in terms of lower bulk and perhaps not as high quality of preparation.

I used to buy from Georgia Arms and had not problems with their "Canned Heat".

I'm not sure this is an industry distinction.

Posts: 17134 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
When I buy "bulk" ammo, I get it from the cheapest source I can get. The ammo must be reliable (Federal Blazer, WW white box, etc.). I reload, so when I need replenishment brass, I buy bulk!

Posts: 2828 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I have shot remanufactured from Georgia Arms without any issues - 9mm and 45ACP.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 751 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Federal AE 124 grain 9mm.
Winchester 62 Grain Open tip 556.

Sgammo isusually a good place to start.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6196 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
I have shot remanufactured from Georgia Arms without any issues - 9mm and 45ACP.

Same here. Plus a crap-ton of .357 SIG.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7151 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot Georgia Arms until they raised their prices, and stopped attending my local gunshow. I now buy from North Georgia Reloading, who always bring a crap-ton of ammo to the Orlando show, and have pretty good pricing. For stuff that they don't carry, I either buy factory ammo online, or purchase from Space Coast Bullets, who also has a lines of new, and factory reloaded ammo.

"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888

Posts: 10073 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
"bulk" or "remanufactured"

Those aren't necessarily synonymous. You can buy new ammo in bulk, i.e., a case (or more) at a time. As for the specific question of "remanufactured" ammo, IMO this is a euphemism for "reloaded," and besides not liking my intelligence insulted, I prefer to shoot new. If you shop around, the cost saving isn't that great.

Posts: 22275 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
i buy bulk remanufactured. probably somewhere around 50K rounds now over the years. Always geogia arms

Posts: 2993 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
Picture of Ronin101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
"bulk" or "remanufactured"

Those aren't necessarily synonymous. You can buy new ammo in bulk, i.e., a case (or more) at a time. As for the specific question of "remanufactured" ammo, IMO this is a euphemism for "reloaded," and besides not liking my intelligence insulted, I prefer to shoot new. If you shop around, the cost saving isn't that great.

+1 At the current prices it doesnt make sense to save 10 bucks per thousand (if that!)

Posts: 6877 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post