SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    New "HE" 12ga round
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New "HE" 12ga round Login/Join 
posted
First I've heard of this.

http://www.frag12.com/home

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for a case.

===========================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems that is going to be a little hard the ducks that I hunt ! Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Ill stick to my depleted uranium rounds.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Ist das erlaubt?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Looks like it would be fun to play with. The xray shot of it looks like a side view of Little Boy. Wink

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah, cuz anything needing to be shot with a sabot round, needs to be blowed up real good, too.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be traveling to New Jersey and California- am I okay with these?

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Refer to the data sheet - tells you how to roll your own. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

As long as you roll through D.C. first.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

As long as you roll through D.C. first.

On 20 Jan 2017.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Neat... but I'll wait for the proximity fused air burst Gen 2s to come out.

Good for some anti-drone work. Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ehh...other than causing spalling in light(er) armored vehicles and creating hate and discontent with human targets...I'm not seeing anything impressive. The round is fairly small which limits fragmentation. Blast is a nice element to use, but that charge is definitely under a pound. It doesn't appear to contain any type of shaped charge. They maybe could have designed it with an EFP of some type. But again, we're talking a small round with a small charge.

It'd probably make an ok breaching round but then that limits where you can stack a team.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Might be worth it to stop vehicles trying to run roadblocks or perimeters.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post