SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    I just paid $9 for 50 .22 air rifle pellets!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just paid $9 for 50 .22 air rifle pellets!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
This time last year that was 9mm prices. Picked up my Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach I .22 air rifle today. The Gamo variety pack of pellets 950 count for $15 have not arrived yet. LGS only had these super dooper 18k gold plated pellets in stock.
My rifle is rated 1100 FPS and these pellets claim they’ll be more in the range of 1500 FPS. Just bought them because that is all they had.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, I just paid $1.10 each for 12ga Aguila buckshot mini-shells for my new Shockwave. Demand is high, supply is low.

I want to think the vendors (in my case Midway) are also paying high prices and not ripping us off, but who knows...

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I feel your pain, I just paid $1.10 each for 12ga Aguila buckshot mini-shells for my new Shockwave. Demand is high, supply is low.

I want to think the vendors (in my case Midway) are also paying high prices and not ripping us off, but who knows...

The large company's like Midway, Brownells etc. are not going to stoop to price gouging. They are paying some pretty high prices themselves. They are not going to sully their reputations to make some extra bucks on ammo due to the times.

I stopped at a small bait shop in a small northern town that also carried guns and ammo a couple months back. I walked in and started looking around. He had some used shotguns and deer rifles on display but he could order whatever you wanted. Just a one man shop and he obviously didn't have the cash to carry a bunch of new inventory. Anyhow he asked me what I was looking for and I said I suppose you don't have any .22 ammo? He said I bet I do but I can only sell you two boxes. How much I asked him. He said not much and put 2 boxes of Aguila long rifle on the counter marked $2.19 per box.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Browse pyramidair offerings

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
$9 for 50 pellets???? That seems, ridiculous and I have a great deal of pellets including some match grade stuff.

That said .22 pellets seem to be the bit more difficult to source these days.
M

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post