SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Winchester service grade ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester service grade ammo Login/Join 
posted
Is this a marketing thing? Anyone tried the ammo at the range?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've shot 500 rds of WINCHESTER Service Grade .45acp. It was accurate shooting ammunition but I didn't notice any significant difference between it and any other fmj 230gr ammunition. It was on sale and the plain jane box probably helps keep the price down somewhat.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is this a marketing thing?

i'm going with this

not much else you can do to 'spice up' 230 gr or 115 gr FMJ ammo

----------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm going marketing, but I still want to pick up some of their brass hull 12ga shells when they become available.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pick it up all the time , it shoots great from my 320 and 19/5 guns no problems , seems a little hotter than some standard 9. I was getting it for like 11 a box .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a carton of this in plain brown boxes for 99/500 rds.

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
i bought 4 boxes of 9mm today and will try it on Monday. I notice it has a flat point.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I used these rounds during my ccw renewal class. It cuts nice clean holes and worked just fine. It shot nice tight groups from my 229. I will buy more if the price stays down.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Good to know. I have been eyeing the 9mm loading.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I've shot a lot of it with no problems. Even today, ran 100 rounds in my P365, P938 Legion and Beretta Nano. All fed reliably and no more or less accurate than my SD loads at 21 feet. Around here, the Service Grade is less expensive than White Box.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did pick up a few 500 rd cartons of this , seems a little hotter. It looks like the 115 Gov ammo they were testing the M 17 with .