SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Winchester service grade ammo

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester service grade ammo Login/Join 
posted
Is this a marketing thing? Anyone tried the ammo at the range?

Posts: 3768 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've shot 500 rds of WINCHESTER Service Grade .45acp. It was accurate shooting ammunition but I didn't notice any significant difference between it and any other fmj 230gr ammunition. It was on sale and the plain jane box probably helps keep the price down somewhat.

Get over yourself. You're not that special unless you walked on the moon or received the Medal of Honor.

Posts: 8183 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 3768 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is this a marketing thing?

i'm going with this

not much else you can do to 'spice up' 230 gr or 115 gr FMJ ammo

----------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 6821 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm going marketing, but I still want to pick up some of their brass hull 12ga shells when they become available.

Posts: 8471 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pick it up all the time , it shoots great from my 320 and 19/5 guns no problems , seems a little hotter than some standard 9. I was getting it for like 11 a box .

Posts: 761 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a carton of this in plain brown boxes for 99/500 rds.

Posts: 761 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
i bought 4 boxes of 9mm today and will try it on Monday. I notice it has a flat point.

Posts: 4397 | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I used these rounds during my ccw renewal class. It cuts nice clean holes and worked just fine. It shot nice tight groups from my 229. I will buy more if the price stays down.

Posts: 4397 | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post