SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    6.5 Creedmoor - Walmart?

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
6.5 Creedmoor - Walmart? Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
Has anybody spotted any 6.5 Creedmoor on the shelves at Walmart?
 
Posts: 2689 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not here. I've seen this caliber at Academy, but I don't think there is one within 200 miles of Chicago.



"My wife is dragging me to this stupid play. Somebody please shoot me."
-- Abraham Lincoln
 
Posts: 19301 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Nope, although i did see some 300blk the other day. So it probably wont be too terribly long before 6.5cm gets there.


☣Biohazard☣
 
Posts: 6537 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking.
I figure when I see it at Walmart the 6.5 has gone mainstream.
 
Posts: 2689 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Nope...but I was shocked to find it at my local Dicks sporting goods a few months ago. My local bass pro shops also has it- but I buy most of my ammo online.
 
Posts: 4050 | Location: NH | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I figure when I see it at Walmart the 6.5 has gone mainstream.

6.5 Creedmoor already is mainstream, regardless of whether or not Walmart stocks the ammo. IMO the majority of 6.5 CM shooters are precision shooters -- a market that Walmart doesn't really cater to.
 
Posts: 4971 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I figure when I see it at Walmart the 6.5 has gone mainstream.

6.5 Creedmoor already is mainstream, regardless of whether or not Walmart stocks the ammo. IMO the majority of 6.5 CM shooters are precision shooters -- a market that Walmart doesn't really cater to.


My local walmart carries a lot of "match" rounds of various calibers, and all they do is sit there. I can't see Walmart getting too into 6.5cm unless the military adopts it and it becomes a "surplus" type round, or Federal starts making loads for it. of course, Federal makes 5.7 rounds, but walmart's not getting that in either.


☣Biohazard☣
 
Posts: 6537 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Everytime I read a thread about what Walmart does or does not stock I wonder just WHEN Walmart became the determinor of what cartridges are worth having, and what cartridges are pointless!

So often I see someone post a comment about what they can't find at the local Walmart, and so it is of no interest to them and I am forced to speculate as to their parentage.

Who CARES what Walmart stocks? I have not bought ammo from Walmart in 30 years! I simply WILL NOT "plead" with some cash register jockey to "open the case" and treat me like a fool as he/she takes out the ammo "for me" and rings it up, then escorting me to the door like I'm some kind of criminal. Nope...not today, not ever!

I can go to Sportsman's Warehouse and snag box after box of amazingly low priced ammo that I get to pick up with my own hands and carry around until I DECIDE to check out! I just bought some Remington .40 S&W 165 grain at SW for $16 a box of 50. IF Walmart has it cheaper...they can keep it and shove it ALL THE WAY up their collective exhaust port!

Sportsman's warehouse has 6.5 Creedmoor...maybe it costs a tad more - maybe not, but I would NEVER go "begging" to Walmart to treat me like dirt in order to buy ammo. I would resort to "ammo running" across State lines before I'd suplicate myself before some dweeb Walmart scumbag to beg to be allowed to give them money for ammunition!
 
Posts: 30 | Registered: July 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hansgruber:
Everytime I read a thread about what Walmart does or does not stock I wonder just WHEN Walmart became the determinor of what cartridges are worth having, and what cartridges are pointless!

So often I see someone post a comment about what they can't find at the local Walmart, and so it is of no interest to them and I am forced to speculate as to their parentage.

Who CARES what Walmart stocks? I have not bought ammo from Walmart in 30 years! I simply WILL NOT "plead" with some cash register jockey to "open the case" and treat me like a fool as he/she takes out the ammo "for me" and rings it up, then escorting me to the door like I'm some kind of criminal. Nope...not today, not ever!

I can go to Sportsman's Warehouse and snag box after box of amazingly low priced ammo that I get to pick up with my own hands and carry around until I DECIDE to check out! I just bought some Remington .40 S&W 165 grain at SW for $16 a box of 50. IF Walmart has it cheaper...they can keep it and shove it ALL THE WAY up their collective exhaust port!

Sportsman's warehouse has 6.5 Creedmoor...maybe it costs a tad more - maybe not, but I would NEVER go "begging" to Walmart to treat me like dirt in order to buy ammo. I would resort to "ammo running" across State lines before I'd suplicate myself before some dweeb Walmart scumbag to beg to be allowed to give them money for ammunition!


Maybe the Walmart you shop at likes to amuse themselves watching you jump through hoops and do tricks.
I don't have that problem when I shop there. I usually pay at the sporting goods counter right in front of the ammo rack and then walk out of the store.
In my area Walmart is the least expensive place to buy ammo, the other options are way over priced.
Just looking for enough 6.5 to harvest brass from and narrow down bullet weights, then reload. Until I see it at Walmart I will buy it at Cabelas.
 
Posts: 2689 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Here we go again....if it ain't available at Walmart it simply ain't worth owning!
 
Posts: 30 | Registered: July 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
quote:
Originally posted by Hansgruber:
Everytime I read a thread about what Walmart does or does not stock I wonder just WHEN Walmart became the determinor of what cartridges are worth having, and what cartridges are pointless!

So often I see someone post a comment about what they can't find at the local Walmart, and so it is of no interest to them and I am forced to speculate as to their parentage.

Who CARES what Walmart stocks? I have not bought ammo from Walmart in 30 years! I simply WILL NOT "plead" with some cash register jockey to "open the case" and treat me like a fool as he/she takes out the ammo "for me" and rings it up, then escorting me to the door like I'm some kind of criminal. Nope...not today, not ever!

I can go to Sportsman's Warehouse and snag box after box of amazingly low priced ammo that I get to pick up with my own hands and carry around until I DECIDE to check out! I just bought some Remington .40 S&W 165 grain at SW for $16 a box of 50. IF Walmart has it cheaper...they can keep it and shove it ALL THE WAY up their collective exhaust port!

Sportsman's warehouse has 6.5 Creedmoor...maybe it costs a tad more - maybe not, but I would NEVER go "begging" to Walmart to treat me like dirt in order to buy ammo. I would resort to "ammo running" across State lines before I'd suplicate myself before some dweeb Walmart scumbag to beg to be allowed to give them money for ammunition!


Maybe the Walmart you shop at likes to amuse themselves watching you jump through hoops and do tricks.
I don't have that problem when I shop there. I usually pay at the sporting goods counter right in front of the ammo rack and then walk out of the store.
In my area Walmart is the least expensive place to buy ammo, the other options are way over priced.
Just looking for enough 6.5 to harvest brass from and narrow down bullet weights, then reload. Until I see it at Walmart I will buy it at Cabelas.


I think ANYONE who can read would have already ascertained that I DO NOT BUY AMMO AT WALMART!

Therefore I DO NOT WAIT FOR ANYONE to provide service at Walmart!

My POINT was...and why am I NOT surprised this was TOTALLY MISSED by someone with an AGENDA, is that in virtually EVERY STATE, one can ORDER ammo EXACTLY as they desire! So WHY keep driving your tired A$$ to WALMART to beg the POS who is assigned to the ammunitition case to let you actually TOUCH something?

REALLY? Does this NEED to be an argument? Are you so WELDED to being treated like a POS by WALMART you are actually DEFENDING threir practice?
 
Posts: 30 | Registered: July 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
Picture of Ronin101
posted Hide Post
mine had it in federal fusion line. FYI Smile
 
Posts: 6431 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post


Mine now carries 3 kinds of 6.5cm


☣Biohazard☣
 
Posts: 6537 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hansgruber:
I think ANYONE who can read would have already ascertained that I DO NOT BUY AMMO AT WALMART!

Maybe y'all need to lighten up on Hans before he pops a vein or something?!?!




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
 
Posts: 12109 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hansgruber:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
quote:
Originally posted by Hansgruber:
Everytime I read a thread about what Walmart does or does not stock I wonder just WHEN Walmart became the determinor of what cartridges are worth having, and what cartridges are pointless!

So often I see someone post a comment about what they can't find at the local Walmart, and so it is of no interest to them and I am forced to speculate as to their parentage.

Who CARES what Walmart stocks? I have not bought ammo from Walmart in 30 years! I simply WILL NOT "plead" with some cash register jockey to "open the case" and treat me like a fool as he/she takes out the ammo "for me" and rings it up, then escorting me to the door like I'm some kind of criminal. Nope...not today, not ever!

I can go to Sportsman's Warehouse and snag box after box of amazingly low priced ammo that I get to pick up with my own hands and carry around until I DECIDE to check out! I just bought some Remington .40 S&W 165 grain at SW for $16 a box of 50. IF Walmart has it cheaper...they can keep it and shove it ALL THE WAY up their collective exhaust port!

Sportsman's warehouse has 6.5 Creedmoor...maybe it costs a tad more - maybe not, but I would NEVER go "begging" to Walmart to treat me like dirt in order to buy ammo. I would resort to "ammo running" across State lines before I'd suplicate myself before some dweeb Walmart scumbag to beg to be allowed to give them money for ammunition!


Maybe the Walmart you shop at likes to amuse themselves watching you jump through hoops and do tricks.
I don't have that problem when I shop there. I usually pay at the sporting goods counter right in front of the ammo rack and then walk out of the store.
In my area Walmart is the least expensive place to buy ammo, the other options are way over priced.
Just looking for enough 6.5 to harvest brass from and narrow down bullet weights, then reload. Until I see it at Walmart I will buy it at Cabelas.


I think ANYONE who can read would have already ascertained that I DO NOT BUY AMMO AT WALMART!

Therefore I DO NOT WAIT FOR ANYONE to provide service at Walmart!

My POINT was...and why am I NOT surprised this was TOTALLY MISSED by someone with an AGENDA, is that in virtually EVERY STATE, one can ORDER ammo EXACTLY as they desire! So WHY keep driving your tired A$$ to WALMART to beg the POS who is assigned to the ammunitition case to let you actually TOUCH something?

REALLY? Does this NEED to be an argument? Are you so WELDED to being treated like a POS by WALMART you are actually DEFENDING threir practice?


I quite enjoy checking the ammo case at WM while others shop for groceries.

They have some really good deals from time to time and the regular prices are very good also.

For instance a couple months ago I bought 100 rd box of Rem .357 mag JHP for $31. That a pretty good deal.

----------------------------------------


Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
 
Posts: 6043 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I quite enjoy checking the ammo case at WM while others shop for groceries.

Yup.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
They have some really good deals from time to time and the regular prices are very good also.

Oft times they have pricing competitive with on-line, once you factor-in shipping. I'm not talking bulk, of course, but not all of us can afford to go buying 1,000, 2,000 or more rounds at a pop. And, yeah: Specials. I got a deal on 200 rounds of Perfecta .380 ACP FMJ range ammo just a couple weeks ago. They were selling it at more than half off. And when nobody could find .22 LR anywhere a short time ago? I learned when to hit the nearest Walmart and had no problem getting all the .22 LR I needed.

Yeah, sometimes it's a pain to have to hunt somebody down that can open the ammo case. *shrug* But I've never had 'em escort me around after my purchase. I get my ammo, pay for it, and go about my business.

I don't see how that's any different from most of the LGS' around here, where the rifle and handgun ammo's all behind the counters.

If you don't want to shop there: Don't shop there. If you do: Do. I can't see getting my knickers in a twist if somebody feels differently than I do about buying ammo at Walmart.




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
 
Posts: 12109 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Maybe y'all need to lighten up on Hans before he pops a vein or something?!?!

Big Grin

I wonder if he did? Last post July 30.



"My wife is dragging me to this stupid play. Somebody please shoot me."
-- Abraham Lincoln
 
Posts: 19301 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I still check the cases at Walmart when I walk by just because, but their prices have gotten a little high on 9/40/45 for me so I usually end up buying by the case online. If I need a quick couple boxes really early in the morning I'll swing by Walmart, but otherwise sportsmans warehouse locally seems to have better deals on Ammo most of the time.

I'm sorry I posted this and forgot this isn't even a bitch about Walmart Ammo thread. I have seen the 6.5 fusion Ammo out here at a couple Walmart. I'm sure they sell some, but it always looks like the same 5 boxes sit on their shelf and it never changes.
 
Posts: 543 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Maybe y'all need to lighten up on Hans before he pops a vein or something?!?!

Big Grin

I wonder if he did? Last post July 30.


Hansgruber
Born July 24, 2017
Died July 30, 2017 of acute cranial explosion
Final words were "AMMO! WALMART! AGENDA!"
RIP
 
Posts: 19084 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Hansgruber
Born July 24, 2017
Died July 30, 2017 of acute cranial explosion
Final words were "AMMO! WALMART! AGENDA!"

Quite possible.

Earlier, I would have placed bets on final words of:
"Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?"
or
"Shoot...the glass."

Yippee-ki-yay
 
Posts: 4971 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    6.5 Creedmoor - Walmart?

© SIGforum 2017