SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    M2 ball price
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M2 ball price Login/Join 
posted
What's the going rate for M2 ball right now ?

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of it around at $1.30-2+ per round. AP is more.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I bought some in December at $1 per round, and I should have bought more. The only reason I didn’t was the fact I’m sitting on piles powder, brass, and bullets to be able to reload my own. What I’m lacking is large rifle primers which are not available in a price I’ll pay and haven’t tried to barter for them at my club. Currently, anywhere around $1.25 rd. is a great price and I see it selling upwards of $2 rd.. Above $2 and the buyers dry up. I would guess someone selling a batch of CMP surplus would have no problem getting $2 per round.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Currently, anywhere around $1.25 rd.

Considering the insanity of 9mm, .223, .40, 45acp running around $1 a round, it's amazing the 50bmg is the same. I know it's because not everyone has platform to shoot it, but still.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Garandy:
AP is more.

How much more? I haven't kept up on M2 or M2AP pricing for years. But I'm sitting on a decent chunk of AP, and may consider selling if it's worth the effort.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybody seems to be sold out anyway .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
AP is more.

How much more? I haven't kept up on M2 or M2AP pricing for years. But I'm sitting on a decent chunk of AP, and may consider selling if it's worth the effort.

When ball was .75ish a round, AP was about $2 a round if not a little more.

I see it around for $3 or more these days.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Commercial retailers, yes. Always some for sale on the CMP Forum Ammo page.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Commercial retailers, yes. Always some for sale on the CMP Forum Ammo page.
Actually , I have plenty . Some guy on a local forum is looking for some and I'm trying to figure out what to ask . I want to be fair to both of us .

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Seeing a bunch on auction sites go for $2 per round. I have been lucky living near a Cabelas and I have been buying Herters 30-06 hunting ammo for under $1 a round for my Garand.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I bought four cases of AP from the CMP years ago for $.07/round. I guess I did ok. People would ask me why I would buy AP, and the answer was always "Seven cents a round, that's why. It makes holes in paper as easily as anything else."

My brother ordered 11 cases, but CMP's system glitched and sold him 22 cases instead. In hindsight, keeping the extra was a good move.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the AP CMP was selling back in 2010? I bought 60 cans of it.30 cases 2 cans per.$60.00 a can.

Posts: 94 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post