SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    What happens when a .22LR or a .223/.556 projectile centers a lit Molotov cocktail from 25 to 50 yards away?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happens when a .22LR or a .223/.556 projectile centers a lit Molotov cocktail from 25 to 50 yards away? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Asking for an acquaintance.

This is a purely academic query in ballistics exercise.

Az advised be said entity. As advised by said entity.

Edited for grammar, spelling and typoing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I would assume some size of fireball.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
We need video of your acquaintance's test. You know, so we don't have to try it ourselves...

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Az advised be said entity.

Are you practicing your Bendablese? (I can't seem to find my decoder ring to confirm.)

Or just hitting the bottle?

Also, I'm not familiar with the "yatds" unit of measurement. What's that in equivalent furlongs or arshins?

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy may have your answer, he has quite the collection of short videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FPSRussia

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I imagine you would get a result similar to shooting it with a shotgun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bNzD7N0ZE

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Az advised be said entity.

Are you practicing your Bendablese? (I can't seem to find my decoder ring to confirm.)

Or just hitting the bottle?

Also, I'm not familiar with the "yatds" unit of measurement. What's that in equivalent furlongs or arshins?

"Smartphone" typing in direct sunlight. Thanks ever so much.

sigfreund and ZSMichael, thanks for the videos.

Here's one I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfeKcfDKw9I

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post