SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    300BLK recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300BLK recommendation Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Which manufacture do y’all like for general range use (standard and subs). I’ve never shot Magtech, Armscor, PPU...which is what I’m seeing for cheap stuff. Thanks!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ve only gone through a few thousand rounds of Freedom’s remanufactured ammo and have had no issues. Just supersonic.

I can’t remember where I got my subsonic. I will have to find the box.

http://gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/300blackout/

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chowser..

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I've been pretty pleased with the Magtech 123 grain FMJ...I've been buying them from the local Sportsman's Warehouse for $28.99 plus tax per 50 rounds ($.63 per round)...this is the least expensive .300 BLK factory ammo I have found...at the LGS they are running well over a buck a round. The Magtechs have functioned flawlessly and are accurate enough at 50 yards I have been shooting my 7 1/2" build.

From this morning from a rest...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Very good. I would have never tried Mag Tech otherwise.

posted Hide Post
I have an 11.3" Wilson upper. I'm still evaluating ammo options.

FMJ:
Magtech 123 is so far the most accurate. 5-round groups at 100 so far have been 1.6", 2.6", and 2.6".
American Eagle 150 isn't quite as good. 5-round groups have been 1.2" (possibly luck), 2.4", and 3.3".
Fiocchi 150 has been pretty inconsistent, with groups from 2.1" to 3.9".
ADI 144 has just been bad. Groups of 3.6" to 4.0".

Based on the above numbers, Magtech 123 is the only one I will buy again.

Boat Tail and plastic tip:
Hornady 110 Vmax seems to be the most accurate for me.
Corbon 125 MPR and Sig Sauer 125 HPBT are a bit less consistent.
Hornady 125 HP American Gunner may show some promise.
Remington 120 was a mixed bag.

Overall, I find 300blk accuracy lackluster in comparison to 223. So far I have no groups under 1" at 100 yards.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations guys. My next batch will be either MagTech or Freedom Munitions. This is my second dive into 300Blk. I wish I hadn’t sold all my ammo with the previous setup!

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
300BLK recommendation

I have AR's, single shot and bolt action rifles and an. aR pistol, love the caliber for shooting fun or hunting deer and smaller game. I have taken several Texas hogs that weighed as much as 350# or an animal much heavier and tougher to kill than deer and never with more than one 125 gr TNT bullet.
I just built a 300 for a friend using:
Aero receivers
Aero LPK with ALG ACT fire control group
Rainier SS light contour barrel 16" with Carbine gas
Standard weight buffer and spring
Aim Nitride BCG
ALG V2. 13" rail
Magpul ACS-L OD stock
Magpul OD trigger guard
Magpul OD MOE+ grip
YHM flip sights
Faxon "Loud Mouth" brake
Acog projected for use by owner.
So far I have function fired several mags through it but not as yet put it on paper, that is the owner's responsibility.
This rifle was built for supersonic ammo and not suppressed use in mind.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomball Pawn
posted Hide Post
If you can get the SIG ammo it is fantastic. I shoot sub-MOA with both the 11.5" MCX and the 5.5" Sig Rattler and 120gr Sig Ammo.

Posts: 21 | Registered: April 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^. Good to know. I find it easily enough, it’s just a little spendy.

posted Hide Post
Right now Mid American appears to be low cost. I have used it without issues. The 150-grain load with the Sierra bullet is pretty good. The 208-grain AMAX load is fantastic.

Posts: 349 | Location: MN | Registered: January 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post