SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Anyone ever heard of Agulla?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone ever heard of Agulla? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've used it before, a couple of FTF out of a brick. A little dirty, otherwise good to go. The one thing I didn't like was the bullet was loose in the casings for the ones I had.

I Karma-ed off a brick a few months back, but I don't the winner has been able to use them yet.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9796 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I had a Aguilla 124 gr 9mm go "click" at my last IDPA match. cost me a second or two racking it out...

Picked it up after completing the COF - solid primer strike, but no bueno / no bango.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 5659 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
very good ammo, and Aguila revamped a few years ago as well, to tighten up their QC even more.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My American Rifleman just came with an article about Aguila.

Posts: 8642 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
My American Rifleman just came with an article about Aguila.

http://www.americanrifleman.or...n-aguila-ammunition/

Posts: 12193 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a 228 back from sig who did their service plan and new night sights. The target they sent back stated Aguilla 9mm

posted Hide Post
I have shot quite a bit of 124 gr 9mm. Has always been good. Seems to be a bit soft shooting for 124 grain. I have been wondering how the 22 would work in my Ruger SR22, which works well with most ammo - except for some Winchester stuff that comes in a red plastic box. that won't cycle at all!

Posts: 130 | Registered: September 30, 2013Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
They also make a powderless .22LR. Not a typo. 20gr. bullet propelled by the primer only.

It won't cycle anything (obviously), but it will clear the barrel of a 10/22 with impressive velocity and is obviously fairly silent.

Fun to play with, but I wouldn't use it for anything serious.

-Rob

They offer two loads of that type. Colibri, and Super Colibri. Colibri won't generally make it out of a rifle barrel. The Super Colibri will. It's useful for taking care of racoons in the cage trap in my back yard without bothering my neighbors.

Aguila also makes a CCI Stinger-type round that is one of the two loads I have found that my S&W 317 will reliably light off.

Posts: 20752 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I shot up a box of .380 in my LCP yesterday. It did what it was supposed to do. I remember seeing the brand in the early 1990s, so it has actually been around for a while.

"My wife is dragging me to this stupid play. Somebody please kill me."
-- Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 19189 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
Their High Velocity products work excellently in the Mosquito. This is from input from my son in law.

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 20798 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
They also produce a short 12ga shell that a lot of 3-gun guys like because they can put more of them in the tubular magazine.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 18770 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of J387
posted Hide Post
No issues with the 124gr 9mm. Have shot a few cases and seems decent enough.

Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes

Posts: 336 | Location: Washington | Registered: December 19, 2009Report This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I finally gathered some Aguila 22 Super Extra SV for a High Standard pistol....managed to put a single touching group size of little finger tip off the bench at 40' recently.

Best of all the dozen varieties I've been testing for what diet to feed my little 22 beasties.

So far this has been not only a great price but the best groups as well.

I know there's really good stuff out there, this is very good for my own purposes.

Posts: 7266 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
D. F. Geiger, author of ".22 Caliber Handguns: A Shooter Guide", has a high opinion of Aguila .22LR ammo. See posts #12 and #13 in this thread:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/...wthread.php?t=204578

Cognition?
On.

Posts: 2160 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot it in .30 Carbine. CMP sells that. Pretty good. Shot in 9mm and .38 Special. Not bad. No troubles. Reloads ok for me.

Posts: 2350 | Registered: January 17, 2007Report This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I bought a few boxes of their .22 stuff. The first box of that batch was a disappointment. My S&W model 34 has always fired everything I tried to put through it. I never got 6 Aguila rounds in a row to fire. The stuff was also a show stopper for a very reliable little Beretta 70 that has always eaten everything I fed it. YMMV

Posts: 3616 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought some 9mm 124gr. Went bang every time for me.

Posts: 427 | Registered: February 25, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I shoot Aguila .22LR in my Beretta 87 Target. Specifically, Pistol Match (std vel). Accuracy is good, and it cycles perfectly.

As Skins2881 noted above, it is a little dirty – about the same as Federal AutoMatch (also std vel). But the bullets were firmly clenched in the Pistol Match cases. The cleanest-shooting ammo that I've found (by far) is Winchester Wildcat (hi vel).

Cognition?
On.

Posts: 2160 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I've shot a bunch (about 4K to 5K rounds total) of their 124gr 9mm and 230gr .45acp and never had any issues. It's not overly dirty, and it's good cheap practice ammo.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10272 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: March 09, 2007Report This Post
Picture of P226_operator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
My 522 handles the HV stuff without a hitch...the Ely primed SV target loads will if the action is clean and lubed well...the powder has an odd acidic smell to it when it's fired but it is accurate enough to be fun in the SIG...you will enjoy it

"Ewe That Smell. Can't you smell that smell..." LOL!

Good experience with 230g .45 ACP with out issue from my 1911 and P220. Run with it.

"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"

Posts: 315 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: March 20, 2007Report This Post