SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Anyone ever heard of Agulla?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone ever heard of Agulla? Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Got 2 boxes of .22LR today by this company. Never heard of it before. The LGS has 5 more boxes. Any thoughts?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 4509 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Aguila is a long-standing ammo company from Mexico. Their ammo is some of the better cheap practice ammo. I've shot a bunch of their stuff in various calibers with no issues.

Posts: 19238 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Got 2 boxes of .22LR today by this company. Never heard of it before. The LGS has 5 more boxes. Any thoughts?

I am fond of their 9mm range ammo. Strong and clean, well made to boot. I purchased some Aguila 22 LR, but haven't shot it yet.

NRA Range Safety Officer, Distinguished Expert Shotgun Pistol
Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing
2 Guns short of never having enough

Posts: 6005 | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Great! Hoping the 15-22 will run with it.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 4509 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
My 522 handles the HV stuff without a hitch...the Ely primed SV target loads will if the action is clean and lubed well...the powder has an odd acidic smell to it when it's fired but it is accurate enough to be fun in the SIG...you will enjoy it

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 7449 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have some assorted boxes of 22lr in my stash for around twenty years,several other brands also.
I was always a tinker in younger days with different ammo.
It used to beat most of the garbage remington put out.
Remington put out some dandy match grade but it was for U S Mil.
Got a few cases of that and its sweet.

Posts: 21206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly what I shoot in 22. Better quality than most of the bulk stuff from Fed/Win/Rem, not as expensive as quality target ammo.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1042 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Report This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I have never had any issues with their ammo.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3121 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Report This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've ran a ton of Aguila .22 L/R Super Extra through my 10/22TD and a bunch more through my Beretta Neos.

Great ammo!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

GCO member

Posts: 6636 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I shoot their .38 Super and .38 Special, and consider it to be very good ammo, better than some USA made brands.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1469 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It runs fine in my 15-22 but it smells awful.

Posts: 379 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Report This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Someone was at Classic!!!
I haven't shot their .22 but have lots of their 9mm stuff and it is good to go.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 18231 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
You're never too old
to learn something stupid
posted Hide Post
Shot a bunch. No issues!

Posts: 1231 | Location: MO | Registered: February 16, 2004Report This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timQ:
Shot a bunch. No issues!
I reload every thing I shoot. I do not like the Mexican stuff because I find two many flash holes off center of the primer pocket. I also don't think the brass grips the bullet tight enough to achieve proper bullet pull. I do not throw it away but save it in case brass gets hard to find.

Posts: 1576 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot aguila .22 LR. Not the best, but not bad ammo. Better than expected for the price. Have seen Aguila in 9mm, but never used it.

Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
Good pricing and wonderful for bolt action 22lr rifles and 22 revolvers.
Really did not have a lot of problems in our 22 auto rifles.
Well priced.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrmn50,

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 20903 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
They also make a powderless .22LR. Not a typo. 20gr. bullet propelled by the primer only.

It won't cycle anything (obviously), but it will clear the barrel of a 10/22 with impressive velocity and is obviously fairly silent.

Fun to play with, but I wouldn't use it for anything serious.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 14538 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Their SSS 60 grain ammunition tumbles out of just about everything I have shot them out of.

Posts: 424 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Great! Hoping the 15-22 will run with it.

Mine eats it up just fine. I buy Aquila .22lr ammo at Academy pretty often and the local indoor range I use often has it on the shelf too. It works fine in all four of my rimfire guns. I'd compare it to the old Federal Bulk pack we used to see...the stuff in the purplish box from Wally World or the blue box from Academy.

Posts: 105 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Report This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Really bad stuff!!!! Send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly for you. LOL

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4064 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post