SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Notice from Bone Frog in email re: LE ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Notice from Bone Frog in email re: LE ammo Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted
Email said the manufacturers are tightening LE ammo sales.
Now with BF you have to be a registered customer with LE/Security credentials on file.

Lucky for me that I already have a bunch stacked up and won't really need any until about 2040.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That is a huge bummer.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. That sucks.

Once again us common folk are deemed unworthy.

Kind of brings back some bitter feelings of the magazine restriction days. No standard capacity mags for you unless you are a cop.

Who the hell is getting harmed by someone buying a 50rd box of ammo anyway? Are they going to ban selling bulk packs of practice ammo to us beggars next Roll Eyes

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Yes. That sucks.

Once again us common folk are deemed unworthy.

Kind of brings back some bitter feelings of the magazine restriction days. No standard capacity mags for you unless you are a cop.

Who the hell is getting harmed by someone buying a 50rd box of ammo anyway? Are they going to ban selling bulk packs of practice ammo to us beggars next Roll Eyes

More about Big Box Stores selling for $1.00 each. Profit, not restriction.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Streichers still has the 50 rd boxes of HST for $21.99. Was on back order two weeks ago, but my order has already shipped within two weeks of order time. They have 147 grain in stock as of right now... AND they ship free over $100 too.

https://www.streichers.com/fed...t-hp-duty-ammunition

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bubba - Thanks Sir for the link and info....Right now they have free shipping on orders over $49 so I just picked me up four more boxes of the 147gr HST.....Great pricing when you include the free shipping....Thanks Again...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Good deal, but SOL as they dont deal with CT.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mfg do this from time to time when there is a run on ammo.

I'm almost out of inventory and checking Winchester warehouse for Ranger ammo shows just a tiny bit of shotgun ammo and some Ranger target ammo.

Posts: 764 | Location: SW Illinois St Louis Metro East | Registered: November 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's also a rebate on HST.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, the ammo is for LEO, and therefore a very low tax rate was applied, or maybe none at all, but that was something the Mfg did as a 'favor' to LE, but the distributors were never supposed to sell it to non-LEO/Mil. Something happened, and they began to crack down on the regs with the distributors, and now we have to pay the higher taxed rate, which is about a dollar per round, and buy those lame 20 round boxes.
I'm glad I bought another 700r of 50r/HST while it's available.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out SGAMMO.com Good folks out of OK, have ordered from them many times. Depending on cal have lots of premium HP stuff in stock.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
I recently took advantage of some great prices at Lawmen’s (all their ammo was the “LE Duty” 59 round boxes). Non-LE could buy any of the Federal, Speer or Remington, but they did restrict Hornady and Winchester. I’d assume those two brands may be more closely monitoring sales.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Check out SGAMMO.com Good folks out of OK, have ordered from them many times. Depending on cal have lots of premium HP stuff in stock.

I'll second using SGammo.com; I order from them often, they always have a good stock of every caliber I need, good prices, and they ship fast.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are other sources.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post