SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    9 mm practice ammo 115gr. vs 124gr. cost issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 mm practice ammo 115gr. vs 124gr. cost issue Login/Join 
posted
Doing a test again on recoil between the two ammos. The other day, I couldn't tell the difference in recoil between 115 vs 124, but going to do it again one more time tomorrow just to make sure. If outcome the same, I should use 115 gr to save on costs, correct?

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Generally yes, but you can often find new 115 & 124 for the same price online. https://ammoseek.com/

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like using practice ammo with the same bullet weight as my self defense ammo, but that's just a personal preference and I don't stick to it all the time, depending on availability and price. For practice, just get whatever's cheapest.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
should

Thanks

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
So long as the POA/POI is close enough for effective training to simulate your carry ammo, then use whatever you can find.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm has so little recoil that unless you are shooting it out of an lc9 or similar its not going to make any difference. Get whatever allows you to practice more. The benefit of the extra practice outweighs any difference there might be between those .

Posts: 80 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At SG Ammo, the 115 & 124 Lawman is the same price, so I usually buy the 124 if they have it.

*the recoil difference between Lawman & Blazer Brass is legit. Load up 5 BB, then top it off with Lawman; when you hit the BB, they’ll feel like duds by comparison!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the lawman and if you are a gold dot for JHP carrier it is meant to mimic it in functionality from what I understand. Same oal etc. so if it functions right in your pistol it should be the next best thing to training with GD.

Again, this is just what I read somewhere out there, so it may be debatable. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

It’s also fairly clean.

If cheap and reliable is all that matters I use Tula. It’s dirty but a decent round imo. Ymmv

I’m not a reloader though. If I were I would likely buy brass.

John 3:16
Sig 224,228,229,220,226,1911's, 938,220 carry, 239, 365, 225, 210. I come here because my addiction looks ok compared to your collections : )

Posts: 387 | Location: Indy area | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kudos for ammoseek.com too.

John 3:16
Sig 224,228,229,220,226,1911's, 938,220 carry, 239, 365, 225, 210. I come here because my addiction looks ok compared to your collections : )

Posts: 387 | Location: Indy area | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post