SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Which ammo for short barrel pistol - Glock 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which ammo for short barrel pistol - Glock 26 Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Which one will be better out of a Glock 26? Federal HST 147gr or 124gr? Thanks.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either one will do.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Ammo Quest on utoob tested both and both are superb. Your choice!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're not stuck on Federal, God Dot makes a round specifically for short barrel pistols.
I do believe it's 124gr. Little more velocity.
I carry it in my Glock 26 and Kahr K9.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thank ya fellas

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
A few years back I e-mailed Speer about their short barrel loads. Specifically I wanted to know where does short barrel lenght start. I lost the e-mail but the answer for 9mm was right around 3". You should be fine with any of the Speer or Ranger loads in 9mm out of a G26.

Here's a Speer short vs regular load test.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
If you're not stuck on Federal, God Dot makes a round specifically for short barrel pistols.
I do believe it's 124gr. Little more velocity.
I carry it in my Glock 26 and Kahr K9.

It's #23611, 124gr +P, good ammo, comes only in the 20rd box. It's in my G-26 and CM9.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...llow-point-box-of-20

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bullet technology has leveled the field very well with modern handgun loads.

Posts: 764 | Location: SW Illinois St Louis Metro East | Registered: November 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post