SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Which ammo for short barrel pistol - Glock 26

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which ammo for short barrel pistol - Glock 26 Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Which one will be better out of a Glock 26? Federal HST 147gr or 124gr? Thanks.

Posts: 1370 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either one will do.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 811 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Ammo Quest on utoob tested both and both are superb. Your choice!

STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY -
YOU'RE NOT TEQUILA

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're not stuck on Federal, God Dot makes a round specifically for short barrel pistols.
I do believe it's 124gr. Little more velocity.
I carry it in my Glock 26 and Kahr K9.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1876 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thank ya fellas

Posts: 1370 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
posted Hide Post
A few years back I e-mailed Speer about their short barrel loads. Specifically I wanted to know where does short barrel lenght start. I lost the e-mail but the answer for 9mm was right around 3". You should be fine with any of the Speer or Ranger loads in 9mm out of a G26.

Here's a Speer short vs regular load test.

Posts: 5405 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
If you're not stuck on Federal, God Dot makes a round specifically for short barrel pistols.
I do believe it's 124gr. Little more velocity.
I carry it in my Glock 26 and Kahr K9.

It's #23611, 124gr +P, good ammo, comes only in the 20rd box. It's in my G-26 and CM9.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...llow-point-box-of-20

Posts: 12349 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bullet technology has leveled the field very well with modern handgun loads.

Posts: 762 | Location: SW Illinois St Louis Metro East | Registered: November 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post