SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Fedefal Alum Case, Pros and Cons:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fedefal Alum Case, Pros and Cons: Login/Join 
Picture of schrack
posted
Any one use it? Any problems?

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The 9 mm runs fine in my G26, G34, G19, and G34. No problems after a case used in these 4. I haven’t gotten anymore because the brass case 124 Fed AE is prett cheap right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I've used the 9mm and 45 without issues.

Can't comment on accuracy, I was having a STD. (shitty trigger day)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had no problems with federal aluminum 9mm,in fact it seems to me that it shoots a bit softer than brass cased ammo. I'm not sure which is better, shooting aluminum from my Shield or G19 or not picking up brass..

Welcome to my home, that door you just kicked in, was locked for your protection, not mine.

Posts: 79 | Location: South St. Louis | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Thanks for imput. Has anyone fired it in a229 .40 or 9 mm?

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
I've used it without issue in both of my 90's era P228's, P320's, Glock 19, CZ75 compact, SW 3913, SW 6906, 80's P225. Yeah, it works in many 9mm pistols! Smile

A friend had trouble with it with his KelTec Sub2K Gen2. I haven't with mine, but the manual says not to use AL for that gun anyway.

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I've fired cases of it through a G19, 229 .40 and Colt .45 Auto.

Zero issues and the only people it seems to piss off are the indoor range owners who collect the brass and sell it to remanufacturers. A lot of indoor ranges ban it for that reasonsb but function wise, I'll buy it everytime if it's cheaper than brass by more than a small amount.

Posts: 4075 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’ve never tried Federal aluminum, but the same overall company makes CCI Blazer aluminum and I’ve fired and seen fired about a gazillion rounds of the stuff. I have experienced a few (maybe 3-5) dud rounds, one whose case was too long (wish I’d kept it), one without an extractor groove, and one with a deformed bullet. All the rest have done what they were designed to do. The 9mm 115 grain loads are a little on the wimpy side like some similar loads made by other manufacturers, so if they cause slow slide speed failures in one’s guns, don’t use them.

The greatest danger with using aluminum cased ammunition is that one may end up being shunned by the Firearms Amish for sinning against a high quality gun. It’s considered sort of sacrilege like putting unsanctified water in the baptismal font. It’s not that using aluminum cased ammunition does any harm, but it offends sensibilities. (No intent to malign the real Amish, but there are similarities in how both groups look at those who don’t conform to the group’s values.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One note, don't use them in the HK P7, due to the fluted chamber (if I remember correctly).

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My range prohibits that and steel cased ammo, that's why I've never used it.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I've run the Al cases in my P7 without any issues.

P7s do not like 147 grain bullets, though.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Haven't tried any Federal, but I've shot a bunch of Blazer aluminum in both 9mm and .45. Sig, CZ, Beretta, 1911, Kahr, XD, none of them had any problems with it.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gov't made some during WW2, at least in 50 BMG. I have one. I have used case after case of CCI Blazer in 9 and 40, some in 45. Certainly not +P, but good range ammo. And, guilt free!

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have fired many thousand rounds through my 9mm 229 without any problems.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a little bit on the dirty side and has a funky ammonia like smell. It shoots fine in all of my pistols except a CZ75 SA and will stovepipe every other round with it. The CZ has eaten all brands/types of Brass ammo without a single failure. Don't use it in a revolver as it can be a bear to extract the cases out sometimes.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went through about 500 rounds in my P365. No problem.

Posts: 3 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: June 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post