SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Sources for .22LR
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sources for .22LR Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I'm completely out of .22LR and am looking for a good online source of something besides Remington, if possible. (blew up my gun a while back)

I've looked at a few places online, but nothing really catches my attention.

Anyone placed a recent order?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 13657 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Natchez Shooters Supply (www.natchezss.com) usually offers a good selection and good prices.

Posts: 280 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Gander Mountain still has Mini-Mags for $8.00/box of 100, with free shipping:

http://www.gandermountain.com/...544&r=view&from=grid

And Cabelas has bulk pack Federal at .06/round, $19.99 for the 325 box. No limits and free shipping with a promo code:

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog...7&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

Posts: 1975 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

I know the OP said online, but GM also has lots of it in the store at the same price, in multiple bullet weights. Other brands as well. Am seeing .22LR for sale many places.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1336 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I did a Midwayusa order last week. While there I added a few 100 Win 'Super X' 22 packs.

Posts: 2731 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.ammoseek.com searches a huge number of sites

If you know exactly what type of ammo you want, google that ammo's name -- in addition to the search engine above.

Posts: 4604 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I ordered a case (5K rounds) of Aguila Pistol Match .22LR from AmmoFast.com yesterday evening. They are indeed fast. And if they accept your order they always have the stock on hand to fulfill it.

The Pistol Match round is quite accurate. MV is 925 FPS – at the low end of Std Vel, but it cycles my Beretta 87 Target perfectly.

Cognition?
On.

Posts: 1433 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions, all!

No Gander Mountains in my area, but I'll check out the other ideas.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 13657 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FEV (short for FleshEatingVirus)- I find your situation TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE - A tenured Forum Member with over 13k posts - and you have no 22LR ammo in your possession.....TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.....

So I need you to email me your shipping address so I can send you this INSTANT KARMA - a 325rd sealed box of Federal 22LR ammo (I know you do not like Remington and respect your position on that issue 100%)........

Merry Christmas Sir - I have long been a reader of your posts and comments and appreciate that which I have learned over the years as a result.....I will email you now to get this Karma started.....Mark

Posts: 1993 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
HA! Just replied to your email before I saw your post.

You FREAKING ROCK. Thank you for the generous gift and comments. You sure you were reading the same guy? Wink

Disregard the "what's this for?" in my email. Big Grin

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumU:
Natchez Shooters Supply (www.natchezss.com) usually offers a good selection and good prices.

Just an FYI for the OP, I've pretty much eliminated Natchez from my online shopping sources, as their shipping prices are BEYOND idiotic. It borders on intentional gouging, IMHO.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 3434 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
When I was hunting 22LR, I used www.gunbot.com.
My goal was under $.10/rd, delivered.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 2037 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
www.ammoseek.com searches a huge number of sites

^^^ This for sure.

For most purchases I use Target Sports USA and buy it by the case (3,250 rounds fed auto match) at $239.00 with free shipping.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 8247 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Wow. These ammo search sites are awesome.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

http://www.gandermountain.com/...544&r=view&from=grid

Thx for the lead on high-quality, high-vel .22LR ammo. Order placed!

Happy holidays

Posts: 185 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
$229 for 3,250 rounds. About 7c per round delivered.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 8247 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
flesheatingvirusSpread the Disease posted document.write('<nobr>'+ myTimeZone('Sun, 11 Dec 2016 11:18:36 GMT-0800', 'December 11, 2016 01:18 PM')+'</nobr>');December 11, 2016 01:18 PMDecember 11, 2016 01:18 PMHide PostWow. These ammo search sites are awesome.

Awesome, except on your wallet. Wink

Posts: 458 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Thanks for the suggestions, all!

No Gander Mountains in my area, but I'll check out the other ideas.

Just west of Amarillo on the I-40.

They had LOTS of CCI in October. Big Grin

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 7544 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supply is *finally* showing up locally and prices are falling. All at once, too. Funny that way.

Makes me a bit skeptical of the validity of the "shortage."

Posts: 185 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rad:
Supply is *finally* showing up locally and prices are falling. All at once, too. Funny that way.

Makes me a bit skeptical of the validity of the "shortage."

^^Totally agree. It now appears that suppliers and stores were "controlling" their inventories. Now there is a lot of ammo and stores are lifting their limits of boxes that we can buy.

Posts: 258 | Registered: May 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post