SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Silencerco Salvo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silencerco Salvo Login/Join 
posted
Thinking about a KSG Tactical (SBS) and Salvo setup...does anyone happen to have first hand experience with the Salvo and would you mind posting feedback, opinions, etc about shooting 12ga suppressed? I have rifle and handgun cans, but I’m finding mixed reviews about the Salvo’s effectiveness.

Thank you!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
I really couldn't be any happier with mine. A lot of people have complained about reliability issues, but I'm somewhere around 600 - 700 rounds with this one and haven't had a single hiccup. I've also read about people getting dinged up in the forearm from ejecting shells, but I haven't had that problem either. If you do though, there are a number of companies that make shell deflectors.

There are two mods that I DO highly recommend: The extended mag tube selector from Hi-Tech and the Beast muzzle device from Gearhead Works.

As far as it's suppressing effectiveness...yeah, it's not what I would consider hearing safe, but just like any suppressed gun it's FAR more pleasant to shoot.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent - thank you for the feedback, and nice looking setup you have!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have one on my Benelli M4.
The short configuration is not hearing safe.
That shit is still loud.
The long config is hearing safe.
I'd like to try out one of the middle length configs... but I don't (yet) have the needed rails.

It's super fun to shoot - although a bit front heavy in the long config.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I think it is loud, heavy, and bulky. Most shotgun ammo is supersonic so that alone turns me off. Just my opinion.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post