SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    SiCo SpecWar 762 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SiCo SpecWar 762 questions Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
My can is finally home and I have two easy questions.....

1. The locking collar - when engaged, should it be fully over to the ‘locked’ side? Or just “as far as you can go without using vice grips”?

2. The stamp - Gonna keep a copy in the rifle case with the can, the original in my safety deposit box, and a scan copy on my computer. Maybe a couple of hard copies here at the house because printing is cheap. Is this adequate?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
1. The locking collar - when engaged, should it be fully over to the ‘locked’ side? Or just “as far as you can go without using vice grips”? All the way over, sometimes when New they are a little tight... needs a bit of break in.

2. The stamp - Gonna keep a copy in the rifle case with the can, the original in my safety deposit box, and a scan copy on my computer. Maybe a couple of hard copies here at the house because printing is cheap. Is this adequate? Personally I would have a digital copy on your phone, on a cloud (email acct), and 1 on your home computer and call it a day...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Digital copy i.e. cloud, email, etc. is all you should ever need on the stamp and keep original in safe.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That collar is VERY tight. It won't even go halfway to "lock".

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Will it slide all the way over, when
not mounted ??

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I spoke with agony last night about it. He suggested I wear gloves and that it almost requires a 'break-in'. Sure enough, with gloves on I was able to get it to lock and as I mounted and dismounted it, it got easier to properly lock.

Thanks for the help!