SIGforum
SiCo SpecWar 762 questions

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/9940004334

November 19, 2017, 04:51 AM
AllenInAR
SiCo SpecWar 762 questions
My can is finally home and I have two easy questions.....

1. The locking collar - when engaged, should it be fully over to the ‘locked’ side? Or just “as far as you can go without using vice grips”?

2. The stamp - Gonna keep a copy in the rifle case with the can, the original in my safety deposit box, and a scan copy on my computer. Maybe a couple of hard copies here at the house because printing is cheap. Is this adequate?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
November 19, 2017, 11:21 AM
CandyMan.45
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
1. The locking collar - when engaged, should it be fully over to the ‘locked’ side? Or just “as far as you can go without using vice grips”? All the way over, sometimes when New they are a little tight... needs a bit of break in.

2. The stamp - Gonna keep a copy in the rifle case with the can, the original in my safety deposit box, and a scan copy on my computer. Maybe a couple of hard copies here at the house because printing is cheap. Is this adequate? Personally I would have a digital copy on your phone, on a cloud (email acct), and 1 on your home computer and call it a day...

November 19, 2017, 01:29 PM
David W
Digital copy i.e. cloud, email, etc. is all you should ever need on the stamp and keep original in safe.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
November 19, 2017, 02:46 PM
AllenInAR
Thanks! That collar is VERY tight. It won't even go halfway to "lock".

November 19, 2017, 09:17 PM
CandyMan.45
Will it slide all the way over, when
not mounted ??
November 20, 2017, 05:45 AM
AllenInAR
Yeah. I spoke with agony last night about it. He suggested I wear gloves and that it almost requires a 'break-in'. Sure enough, with gloves on I was able to get it to lock and as I mounted and dismounted it, it got easier to properly lock.

Thanks for the help!