SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Finished my Form 1 22LR Suppressor! (NEW PHOTOS!)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished my Form 1 22LR Suppressor! (NEW PHOTOS!) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Details:

6" in length
Titanium tube & End-caps
6 Baffles in total:
1x Blast chamber baffle & spacer 17-4 Stainless Steel.
5x Baffles & Spacers titanium.

I anodized the end caps and tube. I couldn't get the tube color to match. So I just turned the voltage way up and nuked it this gunmetal almost gunmetal gray color. I like it! I know I could have bought one cheaper. But it was a fun project spread out over 9 months.

The Pics:

Exit end:

Tube:

Muzzle side:
1/2 - 28 thread pitch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: myrottiety,

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice! I almost thought of throwing a couple of F1 for suppressors in before the rule change, then build them out over time. Oh well, too late for that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Nice. I'm still waiting on four pre-change forms.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nice machining

I own one suppressor now and hope to pick up more once the hearing protection act becomes law

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, I have two approved Form 1s. One is built as a 30 cal rifle can, and the other I am currently working on to make as a .45 cal pistol can. I have been trying to finish buying parts, but its been tough finding components in stock over the last 1.5months.

Its funny, this is the 3rd place I have seen these pictures. I guess we are on some of the same forums.

Looks great. I like the more pronounced blue color of the endcap Cool

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike86:
Nice, I have two approved Form 1s. One is built as a 30 cal rifle can, and the other I am currently working on to make as a .45 cal pistol can. I have been trying to finish buying parts, but its been tough finding components in stock over the last 1.5months.

Its funny, this is the 3rd place I have seen these pictures. I guess we are on some of the same forums.

Looks great. I like the more pronounced blue color of the endcap Cool

HA! Not too many places dedicated for form 1 can info. So I try to share the love where I can. SigForum will always be my forever home though! Smile

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I thought it would be fun to build a wipe can, even got one of those surplus threaded Beretta 71 pistols. Of course the ATF had to pick now to be a jerk.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Re-Anodized them with the help of someone that knows more than me. Check it out!

Baffle Color:

End cap:

All the gut:

Where I fried the tube when I did it with a high voltage. It was impossible to match. BUT.. I like it!

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've done 3 form 1's for suppressors a 45, 9 and 223 that are approved but haven't built 2 of them yet, the one I did turned out kinda ugly but it works.

I'm hoping that if/when the HPA passes, that I can not only get my "tax credit" that there will be better looking parts available. JD Tactical had some nice titanium tubes and baffles but the BTAFE shut them down for selling "suppressor parts" ... even though the parts weren't drilled out and there are other companies doing the same type of parts.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I've done 3 form 1's for suppressors a 45, 9 and 223 that are approved but haven't built 2 of them yet, the one I did turned out kinda ugly but it works.

I'm hoping that if/when the HPA passes, that I can not only get my "tax credit" that there will be better looking parts available. JD Tactical had some nice titanium tubes and baffles but the BTAFE shut them down for selling "suppressor parts" ... even though the parts weren't drilled out and there are other companies doing the same type of parts.

I can't blame the ATF for shutting them down. SD Tactical is also a SOT that manufactures & recores suppressors. Their suppressor parts & monocores also happen to fit their "solvent trap" tubes.

Plus they had a video on their website showing how to form freeze plugs & turn their tubes into suppressors. Was hard to argue that they weren't suppressor parts.

Between these two guys. Their products are better than the SD Tac product anyway.

https://superprecisionconcepts.com/

http://diversifiedmachine.us/

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
<snip>
Between these two guys. Their products are better than the SD Tac product anyway.

So did you make the parts for your suppressor or did you buy them from these guys?
BTW, thanks for the links!

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
<snip>

So did you make the parts for your suppressor or did you buy them from these guys?

I purchased the tube & caps. Then sourced some ti cups & spacer. Engraved, then drilled them to caliber after receiving form 1.

Like I said. I could probably buy a Form 4 can for same price or cheaper. But for material cost I put $285 into a %100 titanium 22LR can. I'm not sure many %100 Ti suppressors will get that cheap. Especially to be user serviceable.

PLUS the big part for me is it's like building a AR. (AR15 Layaway) I can throw money down for a stamp. Then procure parts over the wait. Assemble when stamp arrives. I generally don't have the fun money to throw down a huge lump $500-$1000 for a can plus $200 stamp all at once.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
<snip>

I purchased the tube & caps. Then sourced some ti cups & spacer. Engraved, then drilled them to caliber after receiving form 1.

Like I said. I could probably buy a Form 4 can for same price or cheaper. But for material cost I put $285 into a %100 titanium 22LR can. I'm not sure many %100 Ti suppressors will get that cheap. Especially to be user serviceable.

PLUS the big part for me is it's like building a AR. (AR15 Layaway) I can throw money down for a stamp. Then procure parts over the wait. Assemble when stamp arrives. I generally don't have the fun money to throw down a huge lump $500-$1000 for a can plus $200 stamp all at once.

That's what I've done too ... My third is a Ti tube and end caps I bought from SD Tactical, then I bought stainless "cups" ... It's registered for 223 but I have end caps cut in 1/2x28, 5/8x24 and 1-1/8x28 so I can use adapters from my SilencerCo ... If I'd been using my head I would have saved my money and only had the silencerco adapter; but I didn't have it cut until after I got my stamp as it was the solid end cap.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice, I dig the blue.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post