SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sig MCX Tacops Training Supressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig MCX Tacops Training Supressor Login/Join 
posted
First post here, been lurking for a long time.

I just picked up the MCX Tacops with the "training" silencer. The good news is I got it for a reasonable price brand new, the bad news is I'm in Illinois and there is virtually no way for me to legally get a silencer so I'll be running the training device.

This may be be a dumb question, but will I run into issues keeping this training device on?

Thanks for the input.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Training device is only a hollow tube- no baffles, it gives the cosmetic appearance of a suppressor. For appearance only.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Not if you move to a normal state, you shouid seriously consider doing that.
As far as the fake can, maybe keep a copy of the invoice and a printout of the page with the fake can from Sig handy.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
To clarify--the MCX Tacops is a pistol with a brace. It comes with a "faux" suppressor.
You can take the "faux" suppressor off and shoot it. You can keep the "faux" suppressor on and shoot it.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6910079074
You cannot take off the brace and put a rifle stock in its place. It then becomes an SBR.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I appreciate the replies!

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post