SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Rugged Oculus 22lr can
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rugged Oculus 22lr can Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Looks sweet!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe...utu.be&v=owvzFs9mWks

https://ruggedsuppressors.com/product/oculus-22/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 3710 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on my Mask to clear, but I like the looks of the Oculus. I swore I was done, but I've since decided I need a Thunder Beast for my bolt gun. Might as well add this to the list.

Posts: 1483 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I hear you. I've got a Sparrow and a Mask already. I didn't intend to start collecting 22 cans. I'm sure this is just a taste of what's to come from Shot Show 2017.

Posts: 3710 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I'm an admitted rimfire can whore. Right now I have a Sparrow, Spectre II, Micro Osprey, and Tac Sol Axiom. A Mask is incoming to my local dealer, now this. Hoping for some HPA relief later this year.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3616 | Location: Springfield, MO...for now (Texan by birth) | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need this...

And a DA Mask HD...

Posts: 408 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks nice but very happy with my sparrow. My 2nd sparrow is waiting for me to get stateside to pick up.

Other than the modularity what does it offer above the sparrow or others?

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 700 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advantage over the sparrow (other than modularity) appears to be the lack of first round pop that seems to be inherent with the mono core design which the sparrow has. I don't see any other differences- other than the fact that I now want an oculus Smile

Never get in the way of a jerk and his goals

Posts: 38 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of air
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I'm an admitted rimfire can whore. Right now I have a Sparrow, Spectre II, Micro Osprey, and Tac Sol Axiom. A Mask is incoming to my local dealer, now this. Hoping for some HPA relief later this year.

From your experience, which would you say is overall best to someone who just wants one suppressor?

Posts: 126 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:

From your experience, which would you say is overall best to someone who just wants one suppressor?

From a whole package perspective, I'd say the SilencerCo Spectre II is really hard to beat. Being a SS can with click together baffles makes for easy disassembly/cleaning. I typically toss the baffles into a wet rotary tumbler along with SS pins and it takes care of all the lead build up. While I like my Sparrow it doesn't perform as well on pistols and the nooks and crannies of the monocore are a pain to clean. Plus the SilencerCo warranty is hard to beat. Again, if you're talking about whole package for someone looking for a do-it-all can that's where I'd steer you.

Now, with that said the Dead Air Mask is very nice, I've shot a friends and I'd say it's on par with the Spectre, and probably a dB or two quieter. My only reservation is it being from a new company. This is only a minor caveat though as I don't think Mike Pappas is going anywhere soon (he knows how to build some great suppressors) nor is Dead Air.

At the same time this Oculus has all the makings of a great can. The modularity is big plus for someone with a single can in mind. Not that I think you'd ever shoot it much in the short configuration, but I like options. Based on the quality of my Surge and Obsidian I have no doubt that the Oculus will be an outstanding suppressor. The big plus to me is that Henry Graham of Rugged was the owner/designer of SWR at the time that they designed and came out with the...Spectre. This was all pre-SilencerCo buy-out, but just goes to show the quality of his work.

So that was a very long winded answer to a very short question. Hope there was something useful in all that.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3616 | Location: Springfield, MO...for now (Texan by birth) | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of air
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response!

Posts: 126 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
SigM4 speaks truth. I have a Sparrow and Mask. The simplicity of the Sparrow is cool, but the Mask is quieter and easier to clean. You can't go wrong with Silencerco, Dead Air or Rugged. Hell, they all use to work together anyway.

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I really like that 22 can from Rugged. Seems like a pretty cool concept. I don't really need another 22 can, but I'll probably pick one up eventually... especially of the HPA passes.

I agree with the Mask vote. I have a TAC65, Sparrow, Warlock, Spectre II, and the Mask. The Spectre II was my favorite all-around can until I got the Mask. It's a little shorter and has a little better tone. Not that the Spectre II is a bad can, but I think the Mask edges it out slightly.

Posts: 4321 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post