SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    SRD762-QD on an Aero upper? Enough threads exposed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SRD762-QD on an Aero upper? Enough threads exposed? Login/Join 
Picture of geckoejon
posted
Hello,

Does anyone know if one of the complete Aero Precision uppers with an 8” barrel and 7” hand guard work for a suppressor?

Specifically, will I have enough room for the Quick Disconnect attachment & be able to get at the release? This is for a 300 blk out & a Sig SRD762-QD Suppressor.

Wondering if there is enough threads exposed, or if I have to go with a longer barrel vs Handguard?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Posts: 10 | Location: Cocoa, FL | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
P.s. I know 1” difference sounds like it would work...

Looking at the online pics it looks like the flash suppressor is flush (if not slightly recessed) with the end of the handguard.

Hoping someone has bought an Aero upper and tried this :0)

Jonathan

Posts: 10 | Location: Cocoa, FL | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
It should work. I tried 12” handguards over 12.5” barrels with both SiCo and Rugged QD mounts and while they fit I didn’t have enough room to rotate the locking rings. Another 1/2” should help with that.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
Thanks...

What really has me confused is I just called my lgs that is having Sig days where I bought the 762qd... they told me “minimum barrel length 12” or I’ll get sand blast”???

What barrel length do others have for a 762qd? Issues?

Jonathan

Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
Yah, I’ve seen plenty of people running 8” on 300 blk suppressed & that’s what I was leaning towards... Until I talked to the Sig rep? They still had the Sig reps there from Sig days & I heard him ask?

What really gets me is that they tried to sell me an MCX 300 BLK w/ 9” barrel to go with the srd762qd?!?! How does that work if it’s min 12”???

I’m also wanting to go different colors. I’m looking to go either FDE or bazooka green for my 300 blk. I don’t wanna blow a part a barrel

Jonathan

Picture of geckoejon
posted Hide Post
I just called Sig directly... “No minimum barrel length for the 300 blk out. Sweet spot recommendation is 8-9 inches” :0)

I’m not sure where the miscommunication was, but I feel better!!! Now I’m buying a pistol... or 2... Haha

Jonathan

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If the rail & barrel are to close. (I had this happen on my 300blk build.)

One of these will get you where you need to be: https://hughesprecision.com/pr...dapter-7-3-4-length/

Used one on my build and it's held up fine.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most suppressor manufacturers have published barrel length/caliber restrictions. You can look those up, or ask the manufacturer of the can you want to use. That should tell you. 300 BO subsonic is a fairly benign round. A number of 9mm pistol cans will handle 300 subs, even from short barrels. 300 supers are a different story.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post