SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Oh, COOL!!! Ruger® Silent-SR® 10/22 Takedown® Integrally Suppressed Barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, COOL!!! Ruger® Silent-SR® 10/22 Takedown® Integrally Suppressed Barrel Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
"Reduces sound pressure levels of .22 LR to an average of 113.2 dB with standard velocity ammunition."

Its just over 16" long.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/silent-sr-ISB/index.html

Remind me, please, what the dormouse said?

Posts: 15837 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nifty

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I like it!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I love to see economics at work.

Demand for suppression is increasing, companies identify the opportunity, competition builds and breeds design innovation.

If we really do get Trump to sign a change in NFA to remove suppressors, think of the improvements we will see in Suppressors effectiveness and cost.

Amazing to be here from the depths of 1994's AW ban.

HK Ag

Posts: 3491 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been wanting a Ruger 10/22 takedown. Been wanting an integrally surpressed barrel for said Ruger 10/22. I. Must. Get!

ARman

Posts: 3141 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Weight difference between this and a barrel plus silencer?
Is the full 16" rifled?

When can I get one???

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Been wanting a Ruger 10/22 takedown. Been wanting an integrally surpressed barrel for said Ruger 10/22. I. Must. Get!

ARman

This! What a great combo

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Interesting design, I would think it should be *very* quiet with all that volume for the baffles.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Anyone seen a price?

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Anyone seen a price?

Suggested retail on their website is $629

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Anyone seen a price?

Suggested retail on their website is $629

Thanks, completely overlooked it.

posted Hide Post
They couldn't have gone with a less "tactical" picture of the guy shooting it? Roll Eyes

Does look to be a cool idea though.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Is the full 16" rifled?

When can I get one???

Bruce

There is a video at Ruger's website that stated the effective barrel length. I don't remember exactly but it was north of 10", below 11", of effective barrel.

Posts: 6353 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that's awesome... not sure if it's worth $650... but still cool

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
consider that the average cost of a good suppressor alone is around $400 - this is a great package deal

waiting for the HPA to pass...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53074 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish it was around 650-700 for the entire suppressed 10-22... but it looks like you still have to buy the 300-400 take down 10-22 .. so basically paying 650 for suppressor with barrel that is only good for 10-22. I would personally just buy a dead air mask or something in the $400 area and be able to use the suppressor on multiple platforms

That being said, this is still pretty cool

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Is the full 16" rifled?

When can I get one???

Bruce

Specs say 10.62" effective barrel length. Thats perfect for standard velocity ammo.

113 dB is mouse fart territory. My spectre does 117 on a bolt gun and it is giggle quiet. I want it pretty bad but need a centerfire rifle can first since I have a rimfire one already.

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put me down for one.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"Reduces sound pressure levels of .22 LR to an average of 113.2 dB with standard velocity ammunition."

Its just over 16" long.

Call me silly, but that sounds just like an SD barrel, HK developed it and others have been imitating it for decades ... and with it being over 16" you only need one stamp for the suppressor.

Ports drilled through the barrel, just past the chamber reduce/relives the pressure, then vents everything through the suppressor and all ammo is subsonic ... and subsonic ammo won't have enough pressure to operate the action.

A person could achieve the same thing by turning down a barrel, drilling the ports threading then put a suppressor of your choice on with available "cups" you could even make your own, then slide a sleeve over it all. Of course it would require a lathe, some more or less special tools and let's not forget the $200 permission slip (also known as a form 1)

I would guess that if the HPA ever passes you could buy all the necessary parts in an 80% kit on Amazon for $300 or less!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post