SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Recore pistol can to rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recore pistol can to rifle Login/Join 
posted
Potentially dumb question, I've read about jailbreaking / recording cans and wondered if it's possible to take a pistol can and recore it with stronger materials to make a rifle can? Maybe 9mm to 300 BLK super or 223 etc? I know supers won't work in a standard 9mm can unless you want a grenade but I thought with a stronger core it might? Or is it all in the walls?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
If it was a dedicated pistol can you would probably have to change the tune and the baffles/monocore which I don't think anyone honest wouid do for you as it wouid require a new serial numbered tube and tax and paperwork... just get another job like I did and take the plunge into total NFA madness. I just received a MP5 SD, it's a habit worse than heroin... be afraid.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberty suppressor will update older Mystics to the new mystic specs, there may be others that do it, but I don't know of them. Even the older Mystics will do what you are asking, so probably best to choose a stouter can to start with if you want to run rifle rounds through a pistol can. Upgrades typically cost nearly or as much as a new can anyway less the stamp.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest thing is the aluminum walls. With Ti or Steel baffles it would probably do fine for bold action or single fire hunting gun. Aluminum doesn't do well with the pressures created by a center-fire rifle.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post