SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What do I need to do to own a Serbu Super Shorty?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do I need to do to own a Serbu Super Shorty? Login/Join 
posted
Please pardon my ignorance.

Ive never gone down the NFA rout or anything like that but Id like to get a Serbu Super Shorty.

I guess its an "AOW" and a five dollar stamp, but how would I even go about paying the five dollars or whatever??? would I have to wait forever like people do with suppressors?

thank you!!!

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
NFA is NFA... the good news is wait times are dropping every month !

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Find a class 3 dealer near you and talk to them about ordering one for you, or accepting the transfer if you can order one online. They will usually help with guiding you thru paperwork to some degree. But yes. As far as i know, AOW stamps take the same time thru the same ATF process as all the other stamps these days.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
a check for $5
a face for photographing
a fingers for printing
a pen for signing
stamps for mailing

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
...months for waiting

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Serbu Super Shorty is a really cool shotgun. I've had the privilege of shooting one a few times. But is it really that much different from the Shockwave or TAC14?

What separates it and makes it worth the trouble of the NFA paperwork?

---------------------------------
P220 FrankenSig
P224 SAS 9mm
P226 Legion 9mm
P227 Suppressor host
P229 German 9mm
P229 SAS 9mm
P229 German 22LR/357/40
P239 9mm
P320 Compact 9mm
P938 "Little Dude"

Posts: 19 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida  | Registered: August 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post