SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Blue Loctite or Rocksett .. Mounting a Three Lug Adapter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Loctite or Rocksett .. Mounting a Three Lug Adapter Login/Join 
posted
Question for my Forum Friends - Wanting to mount a Griffin Armament three way lug adapter to my recently purchased Ruger PC9 Carbine

BUT

Knowing I may use this carbine as my eventual springboard into the AR-9 arena - therefore I may eventually sell the carbine and want to remove this $75.00 adapter.....

AND

Also wanting to make sure mt GA-Revo9 is secure on this carbne - should I use Blue Loctite or Rocksett to secure the adater to the threaded carbine barrel?

Thanks Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ve had no issues breaking rocksetted mounts but I will probably just torque mounts in the future for easy changing.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
You can very easily get your barrel and adapter hot enough to break down blue Loctite. You might as well just not use anything.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't take any chances personally, I rocksett and torque to 30 ft/lbs... to break rocksett just soak in water for 8-10 hours.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
I wouldn't take any chances personally, I rocksett and torque to 30 ft/lbs... to break rocksett just soak in water for 8-10 hours.

I’ll echo this. Not hard to remove rocksett in this manner.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

One more +1 to this method, all my QD mounts are installed with rocksett. It's not temperature sensitive, and is water soluble. I usually use boiling water and it doesn't take the full 8-10 hours. Usually only a few hours. It helps to give it a hard smack with a hammer on the wrench to help break the hold, then they come off quite easily.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone for your responses....Gonna go with the Rocksett route....Thanks again....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I used rocksett. Hasn't moved yet.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Info I was needing too. Thanks

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use rocksett as well and torque to spec. Never had any issues. For removal, I only soaked for a couple of hours and had no issues removing two trifecta mounts to send back to SilencerCo in trade for ASR mounts.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocksett and torque as everyone else has stated.

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've used rocksett with success. I had one where it didn't take. Even through I de-greased the heck out of the threads.

Used red loctite and hand tightened the brake with proper shims. Held up fine. When I removed the brake it came off with some medium torque and no heat.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
RS works good.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Rocksett. It’s ceramic based so better with heat. I’ve used the water soak to make Rocksett Adapter removal much easier.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Absolutely Rocksett. It’s ceramic based so better with heat. I’ve used the water soak to make Rocksett Adapter removal much easier.

Exactly this. Just dont mess around when you go to apply it. Have everything ready to go.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post