SIGforum
Blue Loctite or Rocksett .. Mounting a Three Lug Adapter

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/9450078634

January 28, 2018, 03:39 AM
sigarmsp226
Blue Loctite or Rocksett .. Mounting a Three Lug Adapter
Question for my Forum Friends - Wanting to mount a Griffin Armament three way lug adapter to my recently purchased Ruger PC9 Carbine

BUT

Knowing I may use this carbine as my eventual springboard into the AR-9 arena - therefore I may eventually sell the carbine and want to remove this $75.00 adapter.....

AND

Also wanting to make sure mt GA-Revo9 is secure on this carbne - should I use Blue Loctite or Rocksett to secure the adater to the threaded carbine barrel?

Thanks Mark
January 28, 2018, 08:13 AM
Chowser
I’ve had no issues breaking rocksetted mounts but I will probably just torque mounts in the future for easy changing.

Not minority enough!
January 28, 2018, 10:56 AM
maladat
You can very easily get your barrel and adapter hot enough to break down blue Loctite. You might as well just not use anything.
January 28, 2018, 11:41 AM
CandyMan.45
I wouldn't take any chances personally, I rocksett and torque to 30 ft/lbs... to break rocksett just soak in water for 8-10 hours.
January 28, 2018, 07:27 PM
SigM4
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
I wouldn't take any chances personally, I rocksett and torque to 30 ft/lbs... to break rocksett just soak in water for 8-10 hours.

I’ll echo this. Not hard to remove rocksett in this manner.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
January 29, 2018, 05:01 AM
ZYALTR
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

One more +1 to this method, all my QD mounts are installed with rocksett. It's not temperature sensitive, and is water soluble. I usually use boiling water and it doesn't take the full 8-10 hours. Usually only a few hours. It helps to give it a hard smack with a hammer on the wrench to help break the hold, then they come off quite easily.
January 31, 2018, 06:06 PM
sigarmsp226
Thanks Everyone for your responses....Gonna go with the Rocksett route....Thanks again....Mark
January 31, 2018, 06:50 PM
IndianaBoy
I used rocksett. Hasn't moved yet.
February 23, 2018, 03:51 PM
Messer454
Info I was needing too. Thanks
February 24, 2018, 07:25 AM
l33571
I use rocksett as well and torque to spec. Never had any issues. For removal, I only soaked for a couple of hours and had no issues removing two trifecta mounts to send back to SilencerCo in trade for ASR mounts.
March 22, 2018, 05:01 AM
Rangerone
Rocksett and torque as everyone else has stated.
March 22, 2018, 08:03 AM
myrottiety
I've used rocksett with success. I had one where it didn't take. Even through I de-greased the heck out of the threads.

Used red loctite and hand tightened the brake with proper shims. Held up fine. When I removed the brake it came off with some medium torque and no heat.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
June 19, 2018, 08:19 AM
black1970
RS works good.
June 24, 2018, 01:40 AM
10X-Shooter
Absolutely Rocksett. It’s ceramic based so better with heat. I’ve used the water soak to make Rocksett Adapter removal much easier.
July 03, 2018, 11:02 PM
TKO
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Absolutely Rocksett. It’s ceramic based so better with heat. I’ve used the water soak to make Rocksett Adapter removal much easier.

Exactly this. Just dont mess around when you go to apply it. Have everything ready to go.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein