SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Thread Spacer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thread Spacer Login/Join 
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted
The threads on my Savage B17 are too long for my Spectre 2 to screw all the way down and shoulder. I have a Silencerco thread spacer, but it's too thick (doesn't leave enough threads). I don't see that they sell a thinner version. Anybody else run into this with too long threads for the Spectre 2?

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
How long are the threads? Should be .425" or thereabouts for rimfire. The SilencerCo spacer is for use on barrels that have been threaded to AR-15 length, which is .620"; many of the AR-22 manufactures use this spec as they haven't figured out that .22lr uses different length threads.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigM4,

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
The threads are about .5. The max length for the specter 2 is .4.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem like much but there is a gap.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:
The threads are about .5. The max length for the specter 2 is .4.

Strange. Here are specs for SilencerCo's o-ring engagement. Based on this I'd say you'd need about a .075" spacer.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post