SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    3-lug adapter for my MPX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3-lug adapter for my MPX Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted
Any surprises in store or things that I overlooked if I decide to go this way?

I've been looking hard at the Griffin Optimus system and one of the attachment configurations that it can accommodate is for 3-lug, which seems to be the "simplest"/cleanest way to use that suppressor on a MPX with its standard thread pitch.

Near as I can tell their regular (Griffin) suppressor-ready taper mount muzzle devices would require a 13.5 x 1 LH to 1/2 x 28 adapter before I can use their compatible muzzle device; to me that's extending things a bit too far beyond the end of my MPX's handguard.

Meanwhile I'd just put on a 3-lug flash hider while I'm waiting for my paperwork to be approved...

Posts: 8332 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dusty3030
posted Hide Post
I responded but misunderstood you the first time.

Yes, I would got with Griffin 13.5x1LH 3 lug adapter and Griffin 3 lug option on the can for the MPX. That will be the shortest / easiest for the 9mm.

Straight shootin!
dusty

Posts: 3402 | Location: Memphis, mf'n, TN | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1041 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have put the Griffin Armament 3-lug adapter on my MPX and it works with my 3-lug mount for the Omega45K and the TI-RANT45 with the Triad mount.

I have a couple of different 3-lug flash hider that I can attach when I don't have the suppressor attached (but I have the can on the MPX almost all the time).

Use Rocksett on the threads before attaching the 3-lug adapter, let it set and then you are good to go and not have to worry about the can backing off (one of the benefits of the 3-lug system).

Posts: 35 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the advice from all. Thanks.

Posts: 8332 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Because of the outer diameter of he LH heads, the three lugs are much farther forward, past themuzzle, unlike with a 1/2x28 muzzle device. If you care about overall length, it is a little ungainly.

I cut my barrel to 6.5" and had it threaded 1/2x28. These days, there are some aftermarket barrels out there, and you can get 6,5" with the lugs, so I'd probably go that route, and leave my factory barrel unmolested.

Posts: 695 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Because of the outer diameter of he LH heads, the three lugs are much farther forward, past themuzzle, unlike with a 1/2x28 muzzle device. If you care about overall length, it is a little ungainly.

I cut my barrel to 6.5" and had it threaded 1/2x28. These days, there are some aftermarket barrels out there, and you can get 6,5" with the lugs, so I'd probably go that route, and leave my factory barrel unmolested.

I bought a 6” from ILWT for this purpose. It works very well.

Posts: 150 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post