SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Modular cans on the market
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modular cans on the market Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
Just wondering? Do you go shortest configuration or best sound reduction?

As I am debating the Energetic Armament Nyx or Nyx Mod 2......cuz they are both really light.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t it depend upon how you intend to use the device?

If it’s at the range where you want to use the least hearing protection or to avoid annoying the neighbors, then I’d pick best sound suppression.

If it’s on a gun used while trying to find a bad guy in a tight corn maze, I’d go with shortest configuration. Suppressors on serious purposes rifles are very appealing until we realize that the trim and handy 20 inch barrel on a bolt action gun has now become an unwieldly 28-inch beast.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only modular can I have is an Obsidian 45, but I only shot it in the full configuration when I first got it. Much prefer the short configuration. That particular can does a good job either way, but that might not be the case for every modular.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I love shooting my Oculus 22lr can in the short configuration, it’s just sweet looking and still works well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post