SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suppressor paper work to show in NFA system?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressor paper work to show in NFA system? Login/Join 
posted
My paper work was sent in by my gun store 3 weeks ago & is still not showing up in the NFA system.

Any idea on how long it takes for me to be logged into the NFA system?

Posts: 125 | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Patience.

When was your check cashed?

My last check was cashed a month after I sent it in. That was July.

I'm expecting it to be approved this month.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mildot22:

Months

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Patience.

When was your check cashed?

My last check was cashed a month after I sent it in. That was July.

I'm expecting it to be approved this month.

Afternoon Chowser

That is one of the problems, it isn't my check as I paid the gun shop & they sent the paperwork & check in.

posted Hide Post
quote:
My paper work was sent in by my gun store 3 weeks ago & is still not showing up in the NFA system.

Pardon my ignorance, but where did you go to check the status? I used to check mine when e-filed but don't know where to check "post 41F" filings.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Checks generally get cashed within 2-4 weeks of the ATF receiving the paperwork. After that your "status" will be called "pending" for a long time. Do you have a serial number, assuming you do..? Ask the gun shop for a copy of your form 4. In the future, write the ATF check yourself..don't trust the shop. Good luck

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I submitted a form 1 for an SBR. It was mailed on a Monday, rec'd on Wed., and my CC was charged on Thurs.. Would still like to know how to track the status.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Wait about seven plus months then call ATF with your serial number. I'm at ten months now for a pre 41F form 4. Haven't bothered to call. It will get here when it gets here.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gkgeiger:
quote:

Pardon my ignorance, but where did you go to check the status? I used to check mine when e-filed but don't know where to check "post 41F" filings.

In order to get the status of your transfer from the ATF, you can call the NFA Branch directly at--- (304) 616-4500.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
It will take months to go pending. Especially with the massive backlog they have currently. I guarantee it's sitting in a giant stack waiting to be logged in. The checks get cashed by BOA almost immediately and then the paperwork sent on.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post