SIGforum
Recommendations for a 9mm suppressor

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/9060045074

May 24, 2020, 11:50 AM
walker77
Recommendations for a 9mm suppressor
I'm new to suppressors. Im currently waiting on an OSS 7.62 I bought a couple months ago.

I think I may get a 9mm suppressor for my pistols and SBR MPX. What do you guys suggest? I mostly have glocks in 9mm. I only own one 45acp (colt 1911) so I don't think I need a multi Cal. Although I've been thinking of a 45acp AR-15 for around the house.

Thoughts?
May 24, 2020, 12:39 PM
DSgrouse
If you go mostly PCC i would say wolfman. It can double as a pistol suppressor. It can use Key-mo, or trilug. handle some rifle use.

If you plan mostly pistol use and some PCC. Then I am supremely satisfied by my 4 Ghost-M's.

May 24, 2020, 01:24 PM
walker77
I would like to get a slim suppressor so I could still use the standard sights on my glocks. Thoughts?

Eta: Any one have experience with the AAC Illusion 9?
May 24, 2020, 01:41 PM
DSgrouse
I have an Odessa 9 It is a standard sight height can.

I think you trade a bit of performance for a smaller diameter can. On a PCC they heat up pretty quick. I put mine on my mpx and my ptr 9kt.

My ghost-m's provide a better tone and handle a bit better on the PCC's.

I did not really care for the higher pitched bark of my odessa on the PCC's.

The ghost M is the same height a my standard p226 sights. You just line up the sights like normal. Look over the top of the can. It took me about 50 rounds to get used to it.

Now I don't really even notice when shooting a can.

yeah, I probably can't shoot 5 rounds in a dime group at 25' with the can on, but I am close enough to that for most folks.
May 24, 2020, 02:59 PM
dry-fly
Rugged and Dead Air are my two favorite can makers these days, actually have been for some time. You can’t go wrong with the Rugged Obsidian or Dead Air offerings. Customer service is excellent as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
May 25, 2020, 04:09 PM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I would like to get a slim suppressor so I could still use the standard sights on my glocks. Thoughts?

Eta: Any one have experience with the AAC Illusion 9?

Unless you get a very small diameter suppressor like the Odessa 9, you’re still going to get some blockage using standard heights. I have an Osprey 9, which is eccentric, and it blocks the standard sights on my Sig P320. Likely you’ll have to learn to sight through the suppressor unless you go to suppressor height sights.

But, a smaller diameter suppressor will have less suppression for a PCC. I use the Osprey for pistols and a Wolfman and Obsidian 45 for PCCs.
May 26, 2020, 08:53 AM
David W
As others have said, most cans are going to impede the sights somewhat on pistols. The Wolfman and Omega K are my top two choices for PCC, this summer YHM has a 9mm can coming out I will likely pick one of those up. The price will be around $350 or so and I'm sure it will be just as popular as their Turbo K cans have been.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
May 26, 2020, 02:28 PM
walker77
The more I think about it, the suppressor will probably stay on the MPX most of the time.
May 26, 2020, 02:46 PM
DSgrouse
Then Wolfman would be my suggestion
May 27, 2020, 01:32 AM
walker77
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Then Wolfman would be my suggestion

I think that is what I'm leaning towards.

Thanks guys!