Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA and moving.
NFA and moving. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
I think I sold my house. I’ll be moving to a rental while building my new one. I’m about to do a Form 4. How will the moving effect things? How do you change address while waiting? I may be overthinking it but the wait is a huge inconvenience.

TCB all the time...
Posts: 5917 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Do you already have an NFA item or is this the first, are you using a trust?

Fill out ATF 5320.20 or form 20. Send duplicates to ATF.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."
Posts: 114 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of l33571
posted Hide Post
As stated - just fill out a 5320.20. You can email or fax them in. The form can be submitted via facsimile to the NFA Branch at
(304) 616-4501 or may be scanned and emailed to

Form is located here:

Use Acrobat software and it will fill out the 2 copies for you. Since you are moving, check No in box #2.
Posts: 214 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
I believe that he is wondering how to change the address on a form 1 or form 4 that he is waiting for the approval (already in the system). He wants to know how to change the address to where they send the approved form.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.
Posts: 1635 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you haven’t sent the form 4 to ATF yet. As long as your not moving from the state you currently live in, your move shouldn’t have any effect on the transfer. The approved form 4 will be mailed to the dealer or the current owner if your buying from an individual. Once you receive the approved form 4 you can then notify ATF of your new address.
If your planning on moving out of state during the transfer, you should probably wait until you become a resident of that state to start the process.
Posts: 51 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA and moving.

© SIGforum 2018