SIGforum
SiCo Saker 556K ASR thoughts

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/8950026964

April 30, 2020, 05:55 AM
AllenInAR
SiCo Saker 556K ASR thoughts
Tomorrow I'm gonna go start the process on getting a SiCo Omega 9K for my CZ. The Good Idea Fairy just tapped me on the shoulder and said "You know, you'll have a .30 cal can, a .22 can, and a 9mm can. You should just get a 5.56mm can you finish your collection!!"

So what do you think about the 556K? I know there are quieter/lighter out there, but it fits my budget and all the other suppressors I have are SiCo.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
April 30, 2020, 07:28 AM
RHINOWSO
I have a Saker 556K and really like it (my other centerfire rifles is a AAC-762-SDN6). The SDN6 suppresses better but it's much longer and heavier. But I have no issue shooting an SBR with the 556K without hearing protection when needed (pest control on the property, not long range sessions - but several times I've had to shoot 5-8 shots in <30 seconds and had no problem doing so).

On AR-15s I have no noticeable POA-POI shift with / without the 556K. The only issue I had was the original Trifeca mount allowing the suppressor to be launched downrange after the suppressor locking mechanism failed after a couple thousand rounds. But the ASR mount change seems to have corrected that for SiCo (I use the 51T Saker adaptor on mine for compatibility).

In short, it's a great short suppressor.
April 30, 2020, 11:48 AM
esdunbar
I like k cans. Sure they are little louder, but they’re much lighter. On a 16’ barrel I always reach for a k length before a standard can. 12” or less barrel I’ll usually grab a standard can because the weight isn’t a bid deal and it keeps the blast of a short barrel down.
May 01, 2020, 09:04 AM
David W
I just got an email from Tarheel State Firearms just the other and Saker K was on sale.

I believe K cans have a purpose, I have a Sandman K on my 10" Scar its small package but loud, it knocks just a bit off. I bet K cans would be great on 13.7 or 14.5 rifles to keep the length down and provide some dB reduction.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
May 01, 2020, 08:54 PM
AllenInAR
Mine was $533 before tax (and tax stamp).

So now the long wait begins. At least there are TWO cans at the end of the rainbow. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
May 04, 2020, 09:08 AM
David W
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Mine was $533 before tax (and tax stamp).

So now the long wait begins. At least there are TWO cans at the end of the rainbow. LOL

Wait a few months and get another in the pipeline=)

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
August 03, 2020, 05:51 PM
Smitty908
Allen,

If you use the Q Plan B mount and “Cherry Bomb” muzzle device, instead of the ASR, it takes a few ounces, and almost an inch off the OAL..

-Tim

- 1911 Armorer -

• "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
August 03, 2020, 06:12 PM
nhracecraft
^^^That's a Damn Nice Rifle right there... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!