SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    adjustable gas block for suppressed 11.5" AR15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

adjustable gas block for suppressed 11.5" AR15 Login/Join 
Picture of dkv
posted
Of the many adjustable gas blocks on the market, which do you prefer?

Is there any reason not to get a SLR gas block? I like the detent feature.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
SLR is a good option. Alternatively, I've been running a Superlative Arms Bleed-Off block on a 12.5" .308 SBR with good success.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I used a MicroMOA Govnah.

I wanted a 2pos gas block that would fit under a Knight's URX II.

It works well, but there are a lot more options on the market now.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Syrac is what I went with. I like it, I also have nothing else to compare it to.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
I went with the MicroMOA Govnah as well. Reviews were great. Once it arrived I was impressed with the ease of installation and the simple function for changing the settings. In this case I only had two settings.

It sits on a 10.5" 5.56 barrel and I couldn't be happier. Fits well tucked under my MI rail.

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Do you shoot it both suppressed and unsuppressed?

If you swap back and forth, I like the design of the Govnah.

I have used several adjustable gas blocks over the years and I like the detent-equipped models because I generally set it and leave it.

If you are going to swap back and forth then the Govnah is a better, toolless solution.

If you have a set screw gas block with detents, it isn't a bad idea to drip some Kroil in there from time to time and run it down closed and back open to your correct setting to ensure that it stays moving freely.

I do this a few times a year with mine.

Posts: 14112 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I have a Govnah on a DD MK18. Works great.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I purchased 2 ARStoner adjustable blocks from Midway? 1 mounted up ok, the other was out of spec and got sent back.

I followed up with another brand (black rain I think) from another company. Boy my memory is getting bad...

Still need to tweak them. I think I missed the hole on both of them.

AR stoner though, that wasn't the only item not to spec that had to be returned. I'll not buy from them again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
+1 for Syrac

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for the SLR. I run it on a DD Mk18 and it works well.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
+1 for Syrac

Just as info Syrac went out of business late last year/early this year.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
I'm not really sure if it's what you're looking for, but I really like the Noveske Switchblock.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
+1 for Syrac

Just as info Syrac went out of business late last year/early this year.

Well, SHIT.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkv
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.
I intend to always shoot suppressed, so I'll go with SLR.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Syrac is now Superlative Arms

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6990 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post