SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    9mm Suppresor Host
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm Suppresor Host Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
Got a SiCo Omega 9k in jail. It’s really meant for my APC9, but I figured gee gosh I better get a pistol host just case I need do anything international operation for the CIA or something....

I am considering the following:
-USP9 Tactical (do they still make them with the match trigger?)
-P226
-Dan Wesson Discretion
-CZ Custom Hush
-P239
—P228

Any favorite 9mm suppresses Host our there?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Your first two are (in my mind) the best pistol hosts out there. Having shot them side-by-side with identical cans I can’t say one is better than the other. I think either would make you extremely happy.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Agree with 1 then 2... not going to find any better hosts for suppression !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fairly certain the newer USP9 tactical comes with the match trigger. The older SD models do not.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
There is one gun in there that is a whole different level and the clear winner: the Hush.

I've been eyeing one for over year and can't believe I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. The other guns on that list don't even compare. If I'm picking a second place, I'd say the 226.

One of my favorite suppressor hosts is the Beretta M9A3. I like it over the 226 as a host personally. One nice thing is that you don't need a booster on a 92. That means you don't have to mess around changing from booster to spacer when swapping it from your APC to your pistol.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I’m kind of enamored with the Dan Wesson Discretion.

Re: the Beretta, I have heard blow back can a problem/the con of that design? Thoughts??

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whether you need a booster or not on a Beretta 92 depends on the weight of the suppressor and the ammo used. The heavier the can, the more likely that you’ll need to use the piston spring.

Posts: 3323 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 226 but would like to know how others like it compared to the 239.

Posts: 65 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post