SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    New Trust with old ATF stamps...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Trust with old ATF stamps... Login/Join 
Picture of inspcalahan
posted
Based on recommendations from friends, I'm thinking of going the Trust route for future SBRs and cans. How will it work for my previous stamps for both? Because I'd be on the new trust, can I move them over? or am I looking at $200 per stamp to do so again? That might sway my decision....

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately you're looking at $200 an item to change ownership. Need to form 4 each one over to the trust. At least you will have them in hand already if you decide to go that route.

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
as dryw13 said - you'd need to pay $200 per item to move to the trust.

also - please resize your avatar - it's huge!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Keep the individual ones and just go with a trust for new ones.

Because yes, transferring from individual to trust is $200 cash money, per item.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Curious, if you just name the new trust the same as the old one, how would anyone know?

Edit: disregard, I misread the op

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Keep the individual ones and just go with a trust for new ones.

Because yes, transferring from individual to trust is $200 cash money, per item.

I would do this. Just make sure your will states to whom the NFA weapons go to unless they will go to the same beneficiary as the personal property in your will.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Establish a corporation. Change your will to state your NFA weapons would be inherited by the corporation.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post